| xxxiv: naive |

"Things'll get worse before they get better

"Things'll get worse before they get better." ― Karen M. McManus

Jaipur, India

Jaipur, India

It was over twenty minutes and Akanksha hadn't returned. Vihaan glanced at his watch and then tried to look over the entire hall but couldn't find her. He dialed her phone but it was switched off. He remembered looking at her phone in the car and it was fully charged. But still, he gave himself the benefit of doubt and tried not to panic.

The restlessness settled below his fake smile as people greeted him to make connections. He was all stressed and his fingers were clammed in sweat.

Something didn't feel right.

Something was definitely not right.

A few more minutes passed by and still, there was no sign of her. It had been over half an hour since she was missing. As he was unable to control, he walked straight up to Anika.

"Di?" he called her. Anika excused herself from the guests and turned to him. "Yes?"

"Did you see Akanksha?" he asked her.

"No, I didn't," she answered. "Is everything okay?" Vihaan nodded and turned on his heels to find her.

Even though his face didn't show, he was internally panicking. He walked around the hall, checking every corner but there was no sign of her. The ticking of his watch increased his heartbeat. He went to the food section because he thought she might be there. But there was no sign of her.

"Vihaan!" Aditya exclaimed, "Come here!" He waved at him in excitement. Vihaan walked over to him and noticed that Pranav and Chirag were also there but there was no Akanksha.

"Have some food," Aditya offered but he politely shook his head, refusing it.

"Did you by any chance, see Akanksha?" He asked them instead.

"I haven't seen her in a while," Chirag told him. Vihaan's face dropped which was easily caught by them.

"Is everything okay Vihaan? You look tense," Pranav asked him.