Part 20

A very happy new year my lovely readers. May this year bring prosperity, health, love, happiness into your lives and give you strength to fight against all the tough situations.

 Disclaimer: I have tried something new in this chapter. This is new for Manan as well as me in this story :D. So drop your feedback for sure. It would mean the world to me.

Happy reading :)

The elders were sitting in the living room post a hearty lunch, whereas Manan and Rudra were in Nandini's room. Ladies were chitchatting about anything and everything, whereas there was an awkward silence among the men. Observing the same, Dadi nudged Jaanvi to lead the conversation.

Gaining everyone's attention Jaanvi stood in the centre and said

"So lets talk about the reason why we have gathered here today" she looked at her husband and getting a nod, she continued.

"We all know that Manik and Nandini are kids at heart and very naïve. But what I feel is that they are mature enough to handle a relationship. Its just that both the kids are very pampered, that they tend to show a lot of tantrums." She chuckled at the last line making everyone smile as well.

"So lets make their relationship official, before random people start with their rumours. I don't want any negativity to effect my kids. Lets get their engagement done and later we can think about the marriage, when both of them are mentally prepared for it. Because if we get them married immediately, both of them will panic and mess up their budding relation. Let us help them grow and nurture and let them fall head over heels in love with each other. They do love each other, but its just they haven't expressed it to the other one yet. Any objections anyone?" she finished and glanced around the room.

Mukti and Navya were whispering something, which caught Jaanvi and Dadi's attention.

"What happened beta?" Dadi asked looking at Mukti, who looked at Navya.

"Vo actually Dadi, before we decide the dates, we want to talk to our Dadu and Dadi. They stay in our village and I think they should first know from us. I am pretty sure, they would never object anything, but we want to go ahead only after getting their consent. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings in anyway." Navya finished and looked down biting her lower lip in nervousness.

"What is there to get hurt in this beta, in fact we are very proud of you all. The way you girls raised Manik, it shows your values and culture and I am really happy that Nandini is going to be a part of your family. Take your time. Talk to your grandparents, and if once they come here, we can sit together and decide upon the dates and rituals." Dadi said and the Malhotra sisters had a big smile on their face.

"Well, I am not taking a No as an answer, I will be designing everyone's clothes" Aliya declared making everyone laugh.

"Yes Ma'am" they replied in unison making her jump in happiness.

***

"Nandu" Manik called her as she was busy with her mobile.

"Hmm" she replied typing something.

"Are listen naa" he whined trying to gain her attention

"Haan to tell na, I am listening" she said with a frown, which was replaced with a smile the next second.

"Nothing comes between Nandini and her phone. I am bored, so I am going down, you deal with this thick head" Rudra said and left the room not before smacking Nandini's head from behind.

"Nandini yaar. I have to tell you something important" Manik tried his luck again.

"Whaaaatttttt?" Nandini shouted looking at her phone making Manik look at her in shock.

"What happened?" he asked getting tensed at her expression.

"Your stupid friend Kunj made my best friend cry. I am not going to leave that stupid idiot pig next time I see him." She said and started walking to and fro in her room. Manik's jaw dropped to the floor in shock. He was trying to gain her attention from the last 30 minutes and she was worried about something so silly.

Getting angry he snatched her mobile and stuffed it in his pocked. Nandini turned to him furiously when he pulled her closer wrapping his hand around her waist. Nandini was stunned at the sudden turn of events. For a moment she forgot that she was angry. Both were looking into each others eyes, and the world around them faded away.

Manik took a step backwards making Nandini take a step back too. This continued till her back touched the wall and she could feel Manik's breaths on her face. This was the first time they were this close to each other. Nandini's breathing laboured and her heartbeat picked up pace. The situation was no different with Manik, his heart was beating like a drum and he was worried it would jump out of his chest.

"Manik" Nandini whispered in a hardly audible tone and he put his finger on her lips silencing her. Nandini closed her eyes at his touch on her lips and Manik's finger started its tour on her face. He traced the outline of her lips, which made her part her lips in anticipation. She could feel shivers passing down her spine at his each movement.

Manik then traced her cheeks, her nose, circling her eye, he moved back to her lips. Moving forward, nullifying the distance between them, he kissed her cheek. Nandini sucked in a deep breath at the contact of his lips on her skin. She could feel her skin burning. Manik smooched her cheek and moved to the other one, repeating his actions. Nandini held his hands in a death grip. Manik moved closer, so close that now it was difficult to differentiate their breaths. He dipped his face in the gap between her neck and shoulder and dropped a wet kiss there.

Nandini shivered and her hands were holding his shoulders in a death grip. Nuzzling his nose in the gap, inhaling her scent, he moved to her ear and whispered knocking the air out of her lungs

"I love you" and nibbled her earlobe earning a shaky whisper of his name from her.

He moved to the other side and started dropping feather kisses on her jaw and moved to her lips. Nandini opened her eyes at that moment and Manik looked into her eyes. She just blinked them and that was it for Manik, he placed his lips on hers. What started as small pecks turned into an intense kiss.

"I love you so much Nandini" Manik said breaking the kiss resting his forehead on hers.

"I love you too" Nandini whispered and Manik started kissing her again, this time with more passion and aggression. Dominating the kiss, Manik pulled her closer if it was possible, making it difficult for even the air to pass between them. Nandini tried to break the kiss because she was out of breath, but Manik didn't leave her until he was satisfied. Breaking the kiss after what felt like eternity, he just couldn't get enough of her. He was pecking her lips or smooching them again and again, making Nandini dizzy because of his actions.

"Manik" she tried to put a break, but was silenced by a harsh bite on her lower lip.

**********

*hiding somewhere, where you all cant find me*

Dont forget to vote and comment, and please let me know how it was.

Keep smiling

Take care

Until next time

Neeraja :)