Part 17

Hello people! Hope that your loved ones are healthy and safe. 

I am little sad. The views, votes and comments for this story are coming down drastically! Can you guys tell me if you are losing interest? Or if you think something isn't right with the story line or my writing style? Do you want to read something else? Please let me know! I want your genuine opinion. Because me just writing without proper response is a little disappointing :( 

Please let me know what you guys think!

Happy reading :)

Malhotra Mansion: @5PM

"Di, I am home" Manik yelled in a sing song entering Mukti's room.

"How was my baby's day?" she asked caressing his hair and he laid on the bed next to her, snuggling close to her.

"It was fine, as usual" he mumbled and sighed in relief, when she started caressing his hair. Picking the intercom, she asked the kitchen staff to bring juice for her and Manik to her room.

"Manik, I think you should start getting ready making a girl wait on your first date, is very bad" she said in a serious tone making Manik look at her with wide eyes.

Sitting up on the bed in a jerk he whined "Di, its not a date"

But his looks said otherwise. There was a faint blush on his cheeks and his ears had turned pink.

"Okay, I believe you. no move. Take a shower and get ready. I have picked your clothes. And yes, don't take ages to get ready. Wrap it up fast, come back to my room, finish the juice and off you go" she listed out instructions like a strict teacher making Manik pout.

'Fine Mam' Manik said and left the room after giving her a dramatic salute.

"Good job" Mukti patted herself after Manik left and laughed at her own joke.

20 minutes later, Manik was gulping the juice hurriedly.

"Manik, beta, slowly." Mukti said angrily. After a bottoms up, Manik placed the glass on the table and said in a hurried tone,

"Di, I'm leaving. Otherwise I will be late. I just checked the maps, it is showing 20 minutes for me to reach Oberoi house. So only if I leave now, I will be able to pick her up on time. Bye now. Take care and yes, I will drive safe and always answer your phone. Bye I love you" he finished his rant and ran out of the room hurriedly.

***

Nandini was ready by five and was waiting for Manik impatiently. Looking at her phone for the nth time she sat on the sofa pouting. It was 5:30 and she was waiting from the last 30 minutes. Anika, Gauri and Jaanvi were silently observing her from the last 30 minutes.

Her phone beeped and she looked at it in the blink of eye and the next moment her face lit up like a bulb.

"He says he will be here in 10 minutes" she squealed in excitement making the ladies laugh.

"I'll just put on my accessories and bring my sandals" she said and ran to her room.

"She is so happy. I just understand why cant the boys see that" Jaavni said with a sigh looking in the direction in which Nandini went.

"Don't worry Mom. They are just worried for her. They just have to accept it and will understand that she cant stay with them in this house forever" Anika said putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Yes, they are just over protective for her. You know Om couldn't sleep the whole night yesterday. He was just tossing and turning on the bed, thinking about all the scenarios that would happen today. I had to blackmail him that if he doesn't sleep, I'll throw him out of the room" Gauri said with a chuckle and was joined by others.