Part 32

Sorry for not updating yesterday, wasn't feeling well last night.

Happy reading :)

Please vote and comment :)

************

Manik made Nandini sit next to him. Mukti passed the bangles to Dadi, who took them and walked to Nandini. Manik held Nandini's hands in his and held them up for his Dadi, she made Nandini wear her daughter-in-law's bangles. Nandini's eyes sparkled seeing those beautiful piece of jewellery.

"Dadi these are so beautiful" Nandini said in awe making everyone smile

"These are your Mother-in-law's and now they are yours" Dadi said with a teary eye.

"I will always keep them with me, as her blessing" Nandini said and Manik entwined his fingers with hers. Manik passed a genuine smile to Nandini and she returned the same.

Everyone clapped for the duo and Dadi next took the red dupatta and covered Nandini's head with the same, and bent down to kiss her forehead.

"Now you are officially part of the Malhotra family Nandini" Dadi said with a smile and Nandini blushed looking down, unable to deal with the butterflies fluttering in her stomach. Manik saw this and bent down to kiss her cheek making her blush deepen.

Jaanvi stood up and took the aarti plate that Anika had kept ready at the side. She put the tika on Manik's forehead and blessed him. She gestured her husband something and he took the box and came and stood next to her. He took out the watch and made Manik wear it as a gift from their side. Manik smiled widely at the simple yet amazing watch and thanked the couple.

 Manik smiled widely at the simple yet amazing watch and thanked the couple

"Thank you so much Aunty, its so beautiful" he said and Jaanvi frowned.

"Aaj se no aunty uncle" she said sternly making everyone frown. Nandini's grip on Manik's hand tightened.

"Umm, to what do I call you?" Manik asked in a low tone

"Call us Mom and Dad and from this very moment you are equal to us like Nandini and all my other kids. You want something or you want to share something, you can come to us without any hesitation okay beta" she said lovingly cupping his cheek and tears trickled down his cheeks. He got up instantly and hugged her tightly making her loose balance at the sudden hug.

She rubbed his back calming him, and he muttered Thank you, making her smile widely.

Breaking the hug, Manik cleared his throat and sat down back rubbing the back of his neck with a sheepish smile.

'Sorry' he muttered making everyone smile at his antics.

"Okay, lets move for dinner, Anika Gauri" Jaanvi said and everyone moved towards the dining. Manan stood up to move with the rest, but Manik held her hand and pulled her back making Nandini's eyes widen in shock.

"Manik, what are you doing" she said looking at the rest of the family. Om turned towards them and Manik made a pleading face

"Bhai 5 minutes, manage karo na pleaseeeeeee" he said almost begging making Om chuckle.

"Take 10 minutes.... But come back soon okay?" he said and before he could change his mind Manik dragged Nandini towards the other end of the hall.

"Manik what was that?" Nandini asked him as soon as they were alone.

He hugged her tightly and placed his head in the crook of her neck.

"I love you" he muttered and placed a wet kiss on her neck making her shiver.

"I love you" he said breaking the hug kissing her forehead, he mumbled and 'I love you' after kissing her left eye, followed by her right eye, her right cheek, left cheek and finally placed a kiss on the corner of her lips, muttering and 'I love you' after each kiss. Nandini whispered his name unable to take it anymore.

That was the last string for Manik, he placed his lips on hers. The kiss started slowly but turned passionate with every passing moment. Nandini dug her nails on his shoulder and Manik broke the kiss, both of them panting. He placed his forehead on hers and mumbled and 'I love you' again pecking her lips again.

Nandini blushed like a tomato and hugged him unable to face him. He pulled her closer and nuzzled his face in her neck.

"We should go, they must be waiting" Nandini mumbled and Manik immediately said a 'No'

"Are how long will bhai cover for us, let's go" she said trying to break the hug, but he didn't budge.

"Manik, I will call bhai now" she warned him and he rolled his eyes breaking the hug.

"Just because this is your house, I am listening to you. once you come to our house, no one is coming to your rescue" he said tracing his finger on her bare waist drawing random patterns, making her shiver.

"I am not coming to your house" she said with a deep frown covering her forehead and the same reflected on her forehead too.

"What do you mean you are not coming?" he asked with a frown.

"Papa didn't tell you?" she asked crossing her hands on her chest. For couple of moments Manik's eyes darted down, but he looked up when she cleared her throat.

"Umm I wasn't staring, I was just, you know..." he mumbled clumsily making her chuckle.

"You know I asked Anika Bhabhi to bake your favourite chocolate cake, lets go before they finish up everything" she said and Mani's eyes twinkled in happiness.

"Wow, chocolate cake, jaldee chalo" he said and dragged her to the dining.

"So, done?" Jaanvi asked looking at the duo as they stood on the table.

"Done what?" Nandini asked clueless.

"Manik wanted to take his guitar back which he left here naa, found it" Jaanvi asked again and it stuck Manan, they looked at Om, who winked at them.

"Haan" Nandini

"Nai" Manik

They said together and then looked at each other.

"Nai" Nandini

"Haan" Manik

"Whats going on? Guitar mila ki nai?" Rudra asked getting annoyed at their weird behaviour.

Manik held Nandini's hand and gesturing her to keep quite and turned to others.

"Vo actually my guitar is here, I had also left the notes here, so I left the guitar and took the notes with me, I have another guitar at the academy, so its okay. Notes were important naa" he said calculating his every word.

"Achaaa" Shivaai Abhi Cabir and Dhruv said together making him gulp.

"Haan, hain na Nandini" he said and turned to her and she nodded her head in a Yes.

Everyone passed looks and decided not to say anything as they didn't want to embarrass the couple.

"Chalo common then, lets have dinner, everything is your favourite" Jaanvi said and Nandini sat at her usual seat between Om and Shivaai, where as Manik sat between Mukti and Navya.

************

Dont forget to vote comment and let me know your views.

Stay home Stay safe

Take care

Until next time

Neeraja :)