Part 16

A very Happy Diwali to all my lovely readers. I hope that this festival of lights brings health, happiness, love, laughter and prosperity to you and your loved ones.

Apologies for the late update. Was little busy in the evening.

Happy reading.

P.S: in-line comments are my favourite.

**********

Oberoi Mansion:

Next morning: Breakfast table

"Bhai, enough naa. I am full" Nandini complained and Om shot her a glare and fed her another morsel.

"Bhaiiiii. My tummy will burst if I eat anymore" she whined and turned to look at her family for support.

"No Nandu, you have hardly eaten anything healthy last week. Enough of tantrums now. We had a deal right that once a week, you'll have healthy breakfast, today is the day. So no one can change my mind in this matter. Now stop talking and finish this up. You have to drink the juice also" he said filling the tall glass while she was slowly munching on the sandwich.

She pouted and looked at Gauri for help. No one could handle her stubborn brothers better than their respective wives.

"Om listen naa. I tried something new today. Try it out. I will feed Nandu" she said and continued "Nandu, beta, come sit next to me" and before Nandini could escape, Om held her hand and gave her a hard look to her and continued it to his wife as well, who didn't back down.

"Okay guys, break time. Om, finish feeding her. We need to leave in 20 minutes. We have something important to discuss." Shivaai nodded his head indicating something which Om understood and returned the gesture.

Anika, Jaanvi and Gauri shared a look which indicated something-is-cooking-between-them look.

"Keep an eye on the boys today" Jaanvi whispered to Tej who rolled his eyes and nodded his head in a yes.

After lots of cribbing and tantrums, Nandini's breakfast was done and Tej, Shivaai and Om left for their work.

***

"So you are going on a date with Manik" Pragya said narrowing her eyes and Twinkle copied her best friend.

"Guys, its not a date. We are going there to try out the food. I am so excited, because he said the burgers there are good. I just cant wait to taste them all. And Twinkle, it was your 'boyfriend' Kunj's suggestion that we check out that new place" Nandini retorted air quoting the word boyfriend.

"Kunj is an idiot. He takes me to all the weird places that Manik suggests him or the boys visit regularly. Let me warn you in advance Nandu, it is not going to be as great as they describe it" Twinkle made a bad face making her friends laugh.

"Okay, girls help me decide na, what should I wear. I am confused" Nandini said getting up from the bed. Placing her phone so that her friends could see her clearly, she started showing them her options for the evening.

"No, that's too simple"

"No that's a party wear babe"

"No this looks too casual"

"No, your brothers will kill everyone in the restaurant if you go out wearing it. Its too hot even for Manik to handle"

"Guys, you are not helping me" she said and dumped the nth dress on the bed.