Part 30

I'm sorry for the delay, but we were going through a rough patch in our family, with my father's elder sister passing away due to Covid and then 3 other people in our family in a span of 10 days. It was a difficult to deal with it emotionally and mentally. I dont know how many of you will read this note, but please spare few seconds and do read it :)

Virtual hugs to everyone who is going through tough times, stay strong and we shall sail through this difficult times together becoming each others support. Stay strong for yourself and your family. Take all the necessary precautions and please be very very careful if you are stepping out.

The condition outside is getting worse everyday, and if possible stay away from social media platforms if you think there is too much negativity, i personally did that for few days, that helped me clear my mind. Do whatever you feel like, but try to have positive thoughts, i know its easy said than done, but that is the only positive thing that will help us get through these difficult times.

Keep yourself hydrated and if you sense even the mildest of symptoms, please get yourself tested so that you will be able to isolate yourself and stop the spread. Talk to a doctor and only then take medication and observe changes in your body, so that you can see the changes for yourself when in isolation.

Try to reach out to me or anyone you feel comfortable to talk with. Sometimes talking helps as you vent out everything that is building up inside you. It makes you lighter and feel better. Dont worry that you are alone in all this, we are there with you. Take care my lovely people.

I am not sure if the update is upto the mark, I was a little emotional and I think that has reflected in my writing as well. Please ignore the mistakes, if any.

In-line comments are my favourite :)

*******

Oberoi Mansion: Same evening - 6 PM

Nandini was in her room getting ready, Gauri was helping her. Anika was with Jaanvi in the kitchen giving final touches to the food that was prepared for the Malhotra's. Shivaai and Om hadn't stepped out of Shivaai's study right from when they had returned from office.

Tej was watching news in the living room with his mother munching some snacks.

"Tej, what is this, get ready, Malhotra's will be here any minute now" Jaanvi said angrily, her hands on her waist to which her husband just rolled his eyes and didn't move an inch.

"Maa" she called her mother-in-law to put some senses into her son's brain.

"Tej, stop irritating her and wear something presentable, you are the girls father" she said in a stern tone making him look at her.

"Exactly, I am the girl's father. I am perfectly fine in this clothes, they cant expect me to wear a suit, this isn't a board meeting for heavens sake" he said throwing his hands in air dramatically.

Jaanvi looked at her mother-in-law, giving her a pleading look, she moved to Nandini's room to check on her daughter.

"Tej, what happened? Why are you acting so cranky?" she asked him and he sighed looking into his lap. He moved to where she was sitting and sat next to her feet on the floor and laid his head in her lap.

"Maa, I cant let her leave this house, and I cant keep her here for ever also. I know Manik is a really nice guy and so are his sisters and their husbands, but I will not be there to take care of her there. That thought is eating me up. I don't know what to do?" he said and closed his eyes.

"Bus, itti si baat..." she said ruffling his hair and continued "See, I married your dad and came to this house, and that is how our family had started. You married Jaanvi and she took care of you and your family, and your brother's kids, just like her own" she whispered the last part and tears rolled down her eyes, thinking of her son who was no more. Tej tightened his grip on her hand and she continued wiping her tears "Jaanvi was the backbone of our family, when we had lost your brother and Bhabhi. Shivaai and Om are happily married, so don't you think its now Nandini's turn to have her share of experience in love, relations." He said and Tej kept quite. He knew she was right and he knew that damn well, but he just couldn't accept that fact. It was a hard and bitter pill to swallow.