Part 18

Okay, I know I havent updated in the last two weeks, but I had genuine reasons. I was terribly sick and then it was followed by my best friends wedding. So people who follow me on Instagram have seen my crazy last two weeks. And on top of that my new job, is quite exhausting. I am still working on adjusting my schedule according to my work, but I am not sure, how will it work out. Thats all for now, Happy reading!!!

****

"How was it?"

"Very yummy"

"Not the food Nandu"

"Then what"

"How was the date" Gauri asked more specifically this time.

"Bhabhi. It was not a date" she said blushing

"Yeah, and I am not married to Shivaai" Anika said in a sarcastic tone making the other two laugh

"Tell na Nandu" Anika asked impatiently

"Bhabhi, it was good. We talked about our families, friends, and ate lots of delicious food. you know the chicken was soooo yummy" Nandini said with a dreamy sigh licking her lips. Gauri and Anika slapped their foreheads, because everything was just coming back to the food they ate.

"So how was Manik?" Anika tried to ask differently

"Just like he is everyday. But his shirt was very nice. He was looking good, I think he did take extra efforts to look good." Nandini finished and giggled at her explaination.

"So that's it?" Gauri asked unsure and Nandini just nodded her head in a Yes. Anika and Gauri exchanged glances and left the room leaving Nandini alone.

***

"And you know Di, we both like the same chocolate dessert. She likes the same food." Manik was sharing everything with Mukti and Navya. They smiled seeing his eyes shining, which happens only when he is truly happy.

"Tell us anything apart from her food preferences" Navya asked putting a stop to his 'food' discussion.

"She loves her family a lot" he said casually

"And what about you?" Mukti asked running her fingers in his hair.

"She is cute"

"And nothing more?" Navya prompted again

"Di I already told you naa. I like her" he said a little irritated with their continuous questions.

"Do you love her?" Mukti asked him without beating around the bush.

Manik sat up straight at her question and looked at her shocked and surprised.

"What? Why would you ask such question?"

"I am asking you a simple question. Do you love her or not?"

"I don't know. I like her, but love, I am not sure" he said making a cute confused face.

"Its okay. Take time and think about it. No need to rush. But just think about it" Mukti replied with a small smile.

'Okay' he said and laid down on the bed with his head in her lap and closed his eyes with a small smile playing on his lips, thinking about their not-so-casual date.

***

Days were passing with Manan coming close and their respective brothers and brother-in-laws keeping an eye on their activities but not intervening in any.

After two months:

"Sir, Mr. Abhimanyu Thakkar is here to see you" Shivaai's secretary informed him. Shivaai was little confused at his sudden visit, because there wasn't anything unusual in the past few weeks as per his knowledge.