Part 43 (A)

Sorry for not updating last week, I was travelling, I had the update written, but couldnt upload due to bad network connection at the place that i visited. So I added another part to it and will be updating both of them tonight. This is the longest updated that I have written for this story so far, its 4000+ words and it took me close to 5-5.5 hours to type it down, thats the reason I divided it into 2 parts. So i think its not too much to expect good response!

Happy Reading :)

Dont forget to vote and comment :)

*** 

Engagement Day

The entire Malhotra and Oberoi house was in a hustle as it was their most awaited event.

Oberoi Mansion:

"Anika beta, just check the arrangements one last time, and then go to your room and start getting ready" Jaanvi instructed Anika, who was busy guiding the decorator to arrange Nandini's favourite flowers.

"Jii Maa" Anika gave a nod and got back to the person. Jaanvi then moved to the kitchen

"Gauri, if everything is done here, go and get ready beta, Malhotra's will be here soon" she said and Gauri just nodded her head in a Yes, cross checking everything with the menu.

"Jaanvi, I cant find my shoes" the ladies heard Tej's loud voice making everyone giggle and Jaanvi roll her eyes.

"Maa, I'll manage here, you go and help papa" Gauri said laughing and Jaanvi walked into their room angrily.

"Why are you shouting? The whole world doesn't has to know that you cant even find your own shoes. I have to manage everything and take care of you also? Grow up Mr. Oberoi" she said angrily and when she heard no reply, she turned to look at her husband, who was standing all ready looking down with a sheepish smile, wearing his shoes. Now this was the last nail in the coffin.

"What are you? Five? What is this childishness?" she said boiling in anger

"Vo, nothing serious, I just wanted to spend sometime with you. you were not in the room when I woke up, and then you are just running here and there, and then the function will start in sometime, sooooo I thought" he said rubbing the back of his neck looking everywhere but at his angry wife. She just sighed in disbelief.

"Okay fine, lets have our breakfast together in our room? Okay?" she said and he nodded with a wide smile.

"Perfect"

***

"Anika yaar, what is this?" Shivaai said angrily making her frown

"What is what?" she asked him in the same tone, wearing her jewellery.

"Look at me when I am talking naa" he said stomping his foot angrily.

"Kya hai batao to aap (What is it, tell me?)?" she said looking at him through the mirror.

He didn't say anything but sat on their bed and looked away. Anika understood his grumpiness and walked to him with a mischievous smile. She sat on his lap and wrapped her hands around his neck, pulling him close.

"So, now that I have my 100% attention on you, tell me whats bothering my Billu ji" she said and pinched his nose and Shivaai made a bad face.

"Princess is getting engaged to that monkey today" he mumbled and rested his face in the gap between her neck and shoulder. Running her fingers though his hair, Anika replied in a loving tone

"Yes and now you will have another little brother to take care of" she said and he made a 'tch' sound.

"he will take her away to his home" he said tightening his grip around her.