Part 33

Hey guys! Happy weekend and Happy reading!

P.S: in-line comments are my favourite.

I hope it was up to the mark. I had re-written it 2-3 times, but I wasn't satisfied. Will try to be better next time.

*******

FYI - Asha & Arjun Malhotra Dadi and Dadu Malhotra

Kalyani Oberoi - Dadi Oberoi

The dinner went peacefully, and post dinner they settled in the living area with ice creams, when Asha Malhotra gestured something to her husband.

Arjun Malhotra cleared his throat and placed his bowl on the table.

"Okay, so now that the relation is official, should we confirm the dates" he started and looked at his wife to continue

"We can call the Pandit ji at the earliest possible and fix the dates for engagement first, and then for the other events and marriage" she said and the Oberoi's looked at each other.

Kalyani looked at her son, who turned to his wife. Shivaai, Om and Rudra tensed up. Manik and Nandini were still in the after effects of the ice cream, so they weren't paying much attention to the conversation.

Abhi and Cabir understood the tension in the Oberoi family, so they decided to speak up.

"Aunty, Uncel, Shivaai, Om, we don't have to have to rush it, we can discuss this once the Pandit has given us the dates"

"Yeah, sure. Should we call the Pandit this weekend?" Jaanvi asked and everyone nodded in agreement.

"Sure, just let us know the time, we'll be there" Arjun Malhotra said and everyone nodded in agreement.

"Okay, we'll leave. See you all soon then" Asha Malhotra said getting up. Manik and Nandini were arguing in hushed whispers.

"Manik" Aliya called him but he didn't respond.

"Manik" she raised her tone a little called him again sternly.

"Di 2 minutes" he said and turned his attention back to Nandini.

Everyone was watching the banter with amused expression on their faces seeing them bickering.

"Manik I am serious" she said again.

"Even I am" he replied in the same tone.

"What's going on?" Shivaai and Abhi asked at the same time making Anika and Mukti chuckle.

"She is saying that she is not going to shift to our house" Manik stood up and said out loud in disbelief.

"Yes, I was very clear about it. You tell him Papa" Nandini said standing up too putting her hands on her waist.

"What?" everyone said at the same time. Tej and Jaanvi were baffled at the argument, they really didn't think she was serious when she had made the demand and it completely slipped out of their minds, considering it as one of her silly demands.

"Nandu beta, lets talk about this" Jaanvi said snapping out of the shock quicker than others.

"Mom, its final, I am not leaving this house" Nandini declared.

"Sure, no problem" Shivaai said immediately and everyone threw glares at him in a neck break speed.

"Then Anika should be at her parents house right" Jaanvi snapped back immediately.

Seeing things getting out of hands Asha Malhotra jumped in quickly.

"I think we should leave, we can discuss this when we meet again this weekend" she said and the elder Malhotra's walked out, Manik was the last one to leave, but he turned again

"If you don't come naa, I will kidnap you" Manik said and ran away before Rudra, Shivaai or Om could get hands on him.

"Now, Nandini Oberoi, what were you saying sometime back" Jaanvi asked seriously crossing her hands on her chest. Shivaai and Om stood next to their sister, while Rudra moved to Anika and Gauri.

"Mom, I already told you naa, I am not going there. Ask Manik to stay here. What's a big deal in that" Nandini said almost in tears this time. She hugged Shivaai and let his shirt absorb her tears. The brothers panicked and that was it for Shivaai. He held her close to his chest and said sweet nothings trying to calm her down.

Breaking the hug Nandini said looking up at her brother

"Bhai, I cant leave this house, you all and go stay with them. Not that they are bad, but you will not be there naa." She couldn't say anymore as more tears rolled down her cheeks. Everyone's eyes teared up at her emotional state. Jaanvi walked to her daughter and hugged her close to her chest, patting her head.

"Mera baby, who said you will not have us. We will always be a call away, and you can come here anytime. And you will have another set of brothers and sister-in-law's there. When you get married na bacha, you don't loose your family, you'll get another one. You become a part of a two families, double the love, double the support, double everything. You don't loose, you gain more when you get married. don't take it in a wrong way beta. Why are you crying so much? I raised my daughter to be strong, independent and brave, not a cry baby" she chuckled in the end making Nandini smile amidst tears.

"I am strong" she said pouting.

"So all settled?" Tej asked chuckling

"I think so, I am still not convinced, but for now yes and don't tell this to Manik already. Let him still think that I am not ready to move back to his house" Nandini said with a naughty smile and everyone laughed at her antics.

"God help the Malhotra's" Rudra said and the Tom and Jerry chase started making everyone laughed.

***

"Di how can she say that" Manik whined on their way back to their house.

"Manik give her some time, she is just a kid" Navya said and dismissed it

"What if she really doesn't want to come here. What would I do then?" Manik cribbed again

"Then you go and stay there. Will save us the trouble" Aliya said with a naughty smile and Manik started fake crying keeping his head on Mukti's shoulder, who was sitting next to him.

"Manik, stop whining. Talk to her, she is matured enough to understand. She just needs some time" Abhi dismissed and Manik made a bad face. Mukti patted his cheeks and mumbled a 'Everything will be fine'. Manik didn't look so convinced but kept mum, because he didn't want to get scolded by his BIL's.

***

Manik called Nandini as soon as he changed and laid down on his bed. Nandini picked up his call after few rings and chirped a 'hello'

"Nandu yaar" he whined again making her chuckle.

"Nandini I am serious" he said sternly. Nandini sat on the bed crossing her legs, keeping a hand under her chin and replied pouting

"Manik I am also serious" she retorted.

"Nandini but why don't you want to come here?"

"Manik, its not like that, try to understand my point of view, also. When I said I will not come there and you have to stay here, how did you feel? I feel the same way, every time someone say's that I have to leave this house and go" she said making Manik freeze. 

**********

I hope it was up to the mark. I had re-written it 2-3 times, but I wasnt satisfied. Will try to be better next time.

Dont forget to Vote and Comment.

Stay Home Stay Safe

Take care

Until next time

Neeraja