Part 29

Apologies for not replying to your messaged from the last 2 chapters, i was terribly busy, but trust me i read each and every one of your comment and i am soooo happy i cant even explain in words. Thank you for the amazing support during my tough times. It means the world to me. I will reply to all those comments tonight or tomorrow for sure :)

Let me know if you want to read anything specific, i'll try to write in those lines.

Enjoy the update :)

There was a brief silence in the dining room of the Oberoi family, which Jaanvi broke.

"Isnt that good news Maaji" she said and turned to her Mother-in-law, who was smiling ear to ear.

"Of course beta... Manik is such a sweet guy and I think its high time we make it official, Tej why aren't you speaking anything?" she asked her son, who didn't speak a word after ending the call.

"What do I say Ma, I don't know what to say." He said and sighed, whereas the discussion between the brother's disturbed the others.

"Papa, say no to them...All this is very early" Shivaai declared in a no nonsense tone and Om agreed for the same.

"Shivaai, seriously? This is what you have to say about it?" Anika asked in disbelief making him glare at her.

"No don't give me that look. Ma Papa Dadi, this is what he has been doing to the two of them for a really long time. I didn't interfere in middle because I didn't want to step in and make things worse, but its high time he understands that he cant be doing this to both Manik and Nandini, just because he is over protective about her." She said and before he could or Om could break, she continued

"You two brothers, give me 3 good reasons why you geniuses think this is "too early"" she air quoted and crossed her hands across her chest.

"I will give you a 100" Shivaai challenged her and she narrowed her gaze making him look away. The look-look game continued but none of them was ready to back down.

"Okay boys and girls, times up! Tej, call them and ask them to come home today. Let us see what they have to talk about, before we come to any conclusions. And you boys, I want you home by 4, no more excuses" Jaanvi declared and everyone knew, that she was not asking, but telling them what to do.

Tej called Abhi and informed him that its fine and breakfast was a silent affair after that. Nandini had wrapped her one hand around Om's arm and rested her head their while he fed her. Jaanvi observed her kids, but didn't speak at the moment because she knew her sensible daughter-in-laws would handle everything.

Malhotra Mansion:

"Okay, I got a call from Tej uncle, he asked us to come to their home in the evening for dinner." Abhi informed everyone and everyone's face had lit up.

"Can I call my friends also?" Manik requested making a puppy face and Cabir half heartedly nodded his head in a yes

"Only at one condition, that you all will behave yourselves there. One stupid move, I'll throw them out myself" Cabir added and Manik nodded a Yes and ran to his room picking his phone already dialling the group call.

***

Oberoi Mansion:

Rudra, Shivaai and Om moved to their room post breakfast and Jaanvi signalled the girls to follow them.

"Nandu, come to my room baby" she said and signalled her husband to follow.

Nandini didn't speak a word the whole time and now she just followed her mother.