Part 41

Back with update on Saturday as promised.

Dont forget to vote and comment.

Happy reading :)

"What are you both doing here?" Gauri whisper yelled and before Manik could give an explanation, she showed her hand asking him not to speak and continued "What if it was not me and someone else? And Nandu, didn't I tell you to be careful when your brothers are around. Now both of you, go separately and settle down in your places, Nandu if anyone asks you, tell them you were with me, Okay?" she said in a stern tone and Nandini ran away without a word.

Before Gauri could walk away, Manik held her hand and whispered a sorry, looking down.

"Manik I am not angry, its just that when so many people are around, you should be careful right? What if it was Shivaai bhai or Om, or Maa or Papa? I cant even imagine the brothers reaction, if they would have caught you both like this. Next time, no fooling around, when you are with family, am I clear?" she asked and he nodded his head in a Yes. "Go now" she said and he walked away quickly.

"I cant wait to tell this to Anika di" Gauri giggled and patted herself for the act she put of moments back, and walked to the area where the family was sitting.

"Okay, now that everyone's trials are over, I will send all the clothes after making necessary adjustments to the house. Jaanvi aunty, now the only thing pending is matching Nandini's jewellery to her clothes and selection of the ring. Can we do that tomorrow, so that today I will wrap up the engagement clothes section" Aliya asked Jaanvi and she nodded positively.

"For rings, do you guys want to go to the store and buy, or should I call Zaveri ji to our house?" Jaanvi asked the Malhotra family, Mukti looked at Asha Malhotra, who immediately understood, what she was trying to convey.

"Jaanvi beta, we have a traditional family ring for engagement, its little heavy, but we want Nandini to wear that ring for engagement, but we can have another ring made of her choice, so that she can wear the traditional ring only for special occasions. Also we have kept aside Sudha's (Manik and Aliya's mother) jewellery for her daughter-in-law, we will give it to Nandini on the day of engagement, so that she can wear them in the wedding rituals. I hope its not too much to ask" Asha said in a soft tone.

Mukti side hugged Aliya and Navya did the same to Manik. Their parents were always a sensitive topic for Aliya and Manik, but the elder twin sisters, knew how to handle them.

"That's so thoughtful of you Asha ji, we will do exactly how you want. Can you come to our house tomorrow, so that we can select the rings for the kids" Kalyani said and Asha nodded in a Yes. Nandini was looking at Manik, who hid his face in Navya's embrace, who was rubbing his back talking something in a very low tone. She decided to talk to him later about the same.

"Okay, then lets meet tomorrow, so that we will finalise the guest list and the décor. As the function is only with limited and at our house, it would not be much of a task." Jaanvi said and the families got up to leave to their respective homes. Manik didn't get a moment alone with Nandini, he just blinked his eyes, telling her that he is fine. The frowns on her forehead told him that she was worried for him. Nandini just gave him a smile in reply, and both the families dispersed.

***

Same night:

"I cant believe, princess will be engaged in 2 weeks. It feels surreal, I am happy and sad as well" Tej said to Jaanvi, as they had just laid down to sleep. He turned to look at his wife and to his absolute shock, tears were rolling down her cheeks, disappearing into the pillow.

"Jaanvi kya hua? Why are you crying? Did you hurt yourself somewhere?" he said in a worried tone getting up and switching the lights on. She got up and sat on the bed seeing her husband all worked up.