Part 44

Happy Reading :)

Dont forget to vote and comment

***

"Manik, can I ask you something?" Nandini said stirring the straw in her milkshake surprising Manik.

"Haan, you know right, you can ask anything." Manik said looking away, little disappointed that she was asking for his permission to ask him something.

"Nai, its not like that" she immediately held his hand which was on the table between them and spoke entwining their finger. "I... I mean, I asked, no I mean Navya di told, no she told when I asked" Nandini was fumbling and Manik got worried.

"Baby relax, take a breath and then you can tell me. No hurry" he tried to relax her and Nandini let out the breath that she was unknowingly holding.

"Vo that day, when I came to your house, vo Navya di was sitting just next to me, we were randomly talking something about your childhood" Nandini started then looked at Manik trying to gauge his reaction, but there was none. His face was blank, gulping the lump that had formed in her throat Nandini continued "So she was saying something, and then suddenly fell quite and looked at Mukti di. I didn't understand the look-look game between them. Then Navya di again turned to me and told me about your parents" Nandini said the last word in almost a whisper and Manik gasped, but said nothing. Nandini was getting worried, she tightened her hold on Manik's hand and continued

"Manik, I will not say anything that will make you sad or worried, but all I want to tell you is that, if you miss your Mom or Dad, you don't have to hide it from me. I also know about your nightmares, I am always with you, and will always be. And remember this very clearly Mr. Malhotra, it wasn't your fault, nothing was, you were just a kid Manik, so please stop blaming yourself for what happened that day. Its time we cherish their memories and not get sad thinking about them. Just think Mom might be so sad up there that whenever you think about her, you get sad and not remember her with a smile. So when we are taking the next step in our lives, I want you to try and take a step to heal from your past as well. will you try, for me? For Mom and Dad?" Nandini asked in a choked tone and when she looked up to see Manik's face, tears were rolling down his eyes.

He was trying really hard to not hug her and cry out loud. His mother used to say the exact words to him when he was a kid 'Will you do this for me Manik?' and for a moment he thought it was his Mom taking through Nandini. All this brought back all his memories with his mother. Manik was very close to his mother, when she died, she took away a part of him with him as well. but today, he felt as if she was sitting right in front of him and talking to him like how she used to do when he was a 5 year old.

Wiping his tears with his free hand Manik wiped his tears and whispered a 'Yes' making Nandini smile in response.

"Lets go somewhere else" Manik said and got up from his chair.

"Are but my milkshake" Nandini asked him with a pout and Manik followed her actions looking at his half finished glass. It was his favourite double chocolate and Choco-chip brownie thick shake, leaving it halfway felt like a sin to him. But he smiled getting an idea.

"Let me ask them to put it in disposable cups for us, okay?" Manik said and Nandini gave him a wide smile.

They took their disposable glasses and Manik drove to their farmhouse at the outskirts of the city. Both of them silent, enjoying the silence as well as the cool breeze. It was about to rain and the weather was lovely.

"Manik, sing a song naa" Nandini asked turning towards him, folding her legs in the passenger seat.

"Any particular one in mind" he asked tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.