Part 48

Dont forget to vote and comment :)

Its a double update! Happy reading

**************
(Nandini's outfit and look for the Chooda rasam in the media box)

After Manik left, Nandini took few minutes to compose herself and got ready for the chooda ceremony. Wearing the lehanga and just simple jewellery, and deciding a simple hairstyle and natural make-up Nandini was all set for the next function. After looking at herself in the mirror, Nandini had a wide smile on her face, yet there was sorrow in her big doe eyes. She sat on her bed and looked at her palms that were filled with henna, which had turned into the darkest shade of red. Her hands would be filled with the traditional chooda & kalire soon. She was getting married tomorrow. Unknowingly she traced Manik's name hidden in the intricate yet delicate design and a small smile crept on her face.

There were thousand of thoughts running in her mind making her a little restless. There was a knock on the door that startled her. She took baby steps and opened the door, to find her bff's standing there with huge smiles. Even they had changed their outfits to something light and simple, as only close friends and family were downstairs for the upcoming event.

"All set?" Twinkle asked looking at Nandini who replied, by just nodding her head.

"Are you fine?" Pragya asked in a concerned tone, looking at Nandini's dull eyes.

"Yeah, I am fine. Just a little overwhelmed I guess" Nandini said fidgeting with her dupatta and her friends sighed in relief.

"Its okay, do one thing, once the chooda function is over, eat something and take good rest. You will not be getting sleep tomorrow night and few more nights starting tomorrow, so take this time to rest as much as you can, while you can. Manik is not going to leave you" Twinkle said in a mischievous tone and Nandini's eyes widened at her blunt words and her cheeks turned red. Pragya and Twinkle laughed at Nandini's expense. She hit them trying to cover her blush, but Manik's promise and now Twinkle's words, were playing in loop in her head, making the red hue set permanently on her cheeks.

Pragya and Twinkle shared a smile, as they were successful in diverting Nandini's mind from the sorrow thoughts.

"Okay, you can blush as much as you want when Manik's around. We are now getting late, Jaanvi aunty asked us to bring you down, now! Lets go" Pragya said and Nandini sighed in relief. She badly needed a diversion from the thoughts that started creeping up her mind from Twinkles words.

(Nandini's outfit and look for the Chooda rasam: below)

***

Manik was sprawled across his bed, going through his gallery looking at his and Nandini's pictures. A smile crept on his face looking at their picture from yesterday's mehandi. Manik was feeding her food and she was talking to him about something that he didn't remember. Her eyes were wide, her hands in the air drawing something to make him understand what she was trying to say. Few strands of her hair falling on her face, to which she had scrunched her nose. He caressed her face in the picture and sighed dreamily.

He decided to call her, but then dropped the idea as he knew she would be busy. Closing his eyes, he spoke to himself "Just few more hours Nandu, you'll be with me, just you and me"

A smile formed on his lips and cuddling his pillow he was asleep within minutes.

***

As Jaanvi didn't have any brothers to perform the chooda ritual, Shivaai and Om had stepped up for the same. A blindfold was tied around Nandini's eyes, as she wasn't allowed to see them. Dipping the bangles in the mix of milk and rose water, Shivaai and Om gently slipped the bangles in each of Nandini's hands. Rudra made her wear the final set as he did not wanted to be left out. Anika and Gauri tied the kalire in each hand and finally Jaanvi tied a satin cloth around the bangles so that they aren't visible to Nandini and then untied her blindfold.

(Nandini's chooda and kalire in the pics below)

As per the ritual, all the unmarried girls were made to sit in a line and Nandini stood up with a naughty smile

As per the ritual, all the unmarried girls were made to sit in a line and Nandini stood up with a naughty smile. She was looking at her friends with a smile which clearly said i-am-not-going-to-leave-you look and walked towards them. She started shaking her hands above her cousins, then slowly moved to her no-so-innocent friends and just with one jerk, the kalire fell on Twinkle, making her blush and Nandini and Pragya smirk.

"We have the next bride ladies and gentlemen" Nandini announced and everyone laughed. Post a hearty lunch everyone dispersed to their rooms for the much needed rest as tomorrow was going to be hectic, and they needed to charge up before that.

**************

Dont forget to vote and comment :)

Until next time

Neeraja