Part 37

Happy Reading people!

Drop in comments and dont forget to vote. The response has been depressingly low from last 5-6 updates. It takes so much time and efforts to write every single update. Please vote and dont forget to comment.

****

Manan walked down, Manik sulking, Nandini giggling and Rudra with a proud smile on his face. He walked straight to Shivaai and Om, and Manan got seated next to Asha Malhotra.

"Decided anything?" Jaanvi asked and Manik looked and Nandini. She gestured him to speak and he announced entwining their fingers.

"We want the engagement to be after 1 month and marriage after 6 months" he said and everyone was all smiles.

"Great then, we'll get time for the preparation as well." Kalyani Oberoi said and everyone nodded agreeing for the same.

"Let's move for lunch, everything is set and ready" Anika said stepping into the living room followed by Gauri. Everyone followed them and settled down.

"Wow, aunty everything is my favourite, thank you so much" Manik said and Jaanvi patted his cheek and said

"Aaj se no aunty uncle, call us Mom and dad okay?" she said and he smiled widely and nodded a 'Yes'

The lunch was a hearty affair with lots of jokes from Rudra, Dhruv, Anika, Aliya and Arjun Malhotra. As their ritual, they settled in the living room with dessert. Chocolate brownie and ice cream. Manik and Nandini's favourite, made by Anika and Gauri.

"Lets tell them about our plan for tonight" Nandini whispered in Manik's ears making him squirm.

"You ask naa" he said nudging her and she frowned.

"Why me, it was your plan naa, you ask" she whispered back nudging him with her elbow.

"Oww, Nandu yaar" he said a little loudly which caught their attention.

"What's going on?" Shivaai asked narrowing his gaze making Manik nervous.

"Nai, kuch nai" Manik tried to shrug it off, which caught everyone's attention. They could clearly see him getting uncomfortable.

"Out with it Manik" Abhi said in a stern tone

"We want to go out for dinner tonight" Manik said and before Shivaai could object Nandini pitched in "Our friends are also coming, please bhai" she said with a puppy face and Shivaai was in a fix now. Everyone was watching him.

"Umm sure, but don't be late okay?" he said the last line looking at Manik, who gave a sheepish smile in return.

"Sure sure. I will drop her home on time, Rudra can join us too" Manik said clumsily, but Shivaai and Om were happy, that they had someone to keep and eye on the duo. Manik released the breath that he was unknowingly holding.

"Let me message my friends" Manik said excited and Nandini did the same.

"I think we should leave, we can meet for shopping whenever the kids want" Asha said and her husband nodded accordingly.

"I'll pick you up at 6 then?" Manik said to Nandini and she bobbed her head in a Yes.

"Lets meet in my boutique whenever you are free. I want to design everyone's outfits for the big day" Aliya said getting excited and the Oberoi's agreed. Malhotra's didn't have a choice, neither did they want to choose anything else.

***

6PM

I'm waiting outside – Nandini's phone pinged with Manik's message and she jumped excited.