Part 25

I know I am late but I had a terrible schedule at work this whole month, and that was the reason I couldnt update. Apologies for the delay and in advance as well, as I am not sure when I would be able to update next. I will try my level best to give you atleast small updates, but it all depends on my work schedule.

This update might not be upto the mark, as the state of my mind wasnt very clear during writing. Sorry if you didnt like it.

Happy reading :)

Part 25

Manik was driving the car, with his one hand entwined with Nandini's. After the series of kisses they shared a while back, no one spoke a word. It was just Manik who got up holding her hand and brought her back to her car. Making sure she was comfortable, he started driving. He wanted to drop her home, because he was not sure what was wrong with him, one more minute with her being that close to him, he wasn't sure if he would be able to control himself from going further. He didn't want that, not at least in the current circumstances, when he hadn't given her a "proper proposal".

He stopped the car at the gate of Oberoi Mansion and finally turned to her. She was sleeping so peacefully, that all he wanted to do was just stare at her beautiful innocent face. He moved closer involuntarily and cupped her face with one hand and to his surprise, she snuggled in his palm instantly. Manik traced her lips, which were slightly swollen and bent forward, when there was a loud Honk of a car which brought him out of his trance and woke Nandini from her sleep.

Manik immediately moved back to his seat and rubbed his palms on his face for his stupidity. It was him who had put his hand on the horn while leaning close to her.

Nandini sleepily looked around and then looked at Manik who looked a little flushed?

"When did we reach?" she asked rubbing her eyes cutely.

"Ermm Just now.." he replied scratching the back of his neck.

"Okay then, I'll leave. Its quite late and I am sure Shivaai and Om Bhai must be awake for me" she said and was removing the seatbelt, when Manik wrapped his hand around her neck and placed his lips on hers. It was so sudden that Nandini was completely blown away. Her eyes widened and she couldn't respond to his kiss.

He pinched her waist causing her to gasp and snap out of her shock. The kiss was so intense, that Nandini had no choice but drown herself in it.

Breaking the kiss Manik placed his forehead on hers and spoke in a whisper

"Go before I loose my control. Good night my chotu baby" he said and pecked her lips once again. Blushing bright red like a tomato, Nandini opened the door of the car and ran into her house. Taking deep breaths, calming himself, Manik reversed his car and drove back to Malhotra Mansion.

Shivaai and Om were on the terrace measuring every inch with their steps waiting for Nandini, and when they heard a car being pulled into the house, they hurriedly came downstairs only to see the devils in disguise sitting there chitchatting.

"What are you both doing here at this hour?" Shivaai asked in a stern tone making Gauri gulp nervously, while Anika rolled her eyes.

"I can ask you the same question?" she replied with a smirk.

"Gauri... into our room. Now!" Om said in a tone which gave a clear indication that he was dead serious. Gauri nodded her head and walked towards their room taking hurried steps.

"Deal with your wife. We'll talk to Nandu tomorrow morning" Om whispered to Shivaai and moved towards his room.

"Now Mrs. Shivaai Singh Oberoi, will you please tell me what were you doing here?" he asked in a sarcastic tone.

Before she could reply Nandini had entered the house and her eyes widened seeing her brother in the living area, but she calmed her racing heart after seeing her sister-in-law sitting peacefully.

"Are Nandu... you are back early. How was your date hmm?" Anika said with a mischievous smile making Nandini blush harder.

"Bhabhi" she said shyly hugging Anika making her laugh and Shivaai frown

He walked closer to the duo and cleared his throat gaining their attention.

Nandini looked down tucking her hair behind her ears. Shivaai hugged Nandini and kissed her forehead.

"Chalo, go and sleep, its already late. We can talk tomorrow." He said breaking the hug making Nandini smile widely. Kissing his cheek in reply she mumbled a Good night and moved to her room not before wishing Anika good night with a kiss and a tight hug.

Taking a long shower and changing into shorts and a shirt, Nandini laid on the bed and closed her eyes with a smile on her lips.

"I love you Manik" she whispered to no one in particular and blushed profusely. Hiding her face in her blanket, she dimmed the lights in her room and closed her eyes to get some sleep.

**

Manik slowly entered the house without making noise, but was surprised to see the lights still on in the study room in the first floor. Frowning he moved towards the room and was shocked to see Abhi Cabir and Dhruv sitting there with drinks in their hands talking something in hushed tones.

"Jiju" Manik called them and they turned to him in a break neck speed. Abhi was the first one to reach, putting the glass in his hands on the table he walked towards Manik and engulfed him in a tight hug. Cabir and Dhruv were standing next to them waiting for their turn. After the hugs session, Manik gave them a confused look

"Umm what happened?" he asked nervously.

"Where did you take Nandini today?" Abhi was back to his hitler mode.

"Umm vo... Malhotra farmhouse" Manik said fidgeting with his fingers looking down.

"What were you doing for so long?" Dhruv said but he was cut by Cabir, who gestured them to look at Manik.

"Vo jiju, sorry.... We didn't realise how time flew. We were talking, and then I had arranged for her favourite food, then we..." Manik trailed off and stopped realising what he was about to blurt out. But now that he had started narrating, the trio was curious

"You what?" Cabir asked narrowing his gaze, making Manik look away.

"Then we sat by the pool, star gazing eating the dessert, phir we were busy talking and then I dropped her home, that's it" Manik hurriedly replied not looking at them, which confirmed their doubts that he was hiding something.

"Are you sure, those are the only things that happened?" Dhruv asked crossing his hands across his chest and Manik nodded his head in a yes innocently.

Sighing in disbelief, and annoyed at his act of innocence, Abhi decided not to discuss any further as he had a faint idea that it might be something personal, or Manik wouldn't have hidden it.

"Okay, its late now. Go and sleep" Abhi dismissed Manik, who nodded his head in a yes and walked to his room with a little jump at every step he took towards it. Singing to himself he threw his clothes everywhere and changed himself into tracks and vest and jumped onto the bed.

"I hope they both stopped at the kiss" Abhi mumbled loud enough for the other two to hear.

"How do you know that they kissed?" Dhruv asked curiously

"There was lipstick on his lips" Abhi said in a duh tone making the other two look at him in awe, seeing his observation skills.

The trio chuckled and Cabir said "Finally the kid has shown us the signs of a grown up" the other two laughed at his comment and after finishing their drinks, they decided to call it a night.

***************

Dont forget to vote comment and share your feedback.

Keep smiling, take care.

Until next time

Neeraja.