Part 12

I am extremely sorry for the delay. I was little heartbroken after watching the IPL matches today, result of which the updates got delayed. Sorryyyyyy.

Guys, can you give me suggestions, as to what you want to read going further in this book. I am kind of lacking creative ideas these days! *blaming the lockdown* But on a serious note, please let me know if you want to read something special/specific in this book. I will incorporate them in upcoming chapters.

All said and done, no more waiting *sighing deeply* happy reading.

******

"You sure right Manik" Dhruv said sitting next to Mukti Navya and Manik. When he walked in with Manik and Mukti's favourite ice cream, he noticed that they were in some serious discussion, so he joined them.

"I think I am sure jiju" Manik replied with a frown, when he realized that the ice cream cup is empty.

"Manik, you are either sure or you are not sure. What do you mean you think you are sure" Navya asked irritated with her brothers confusion.

"No. I am sure. I love her" he sat straight and declared. Mukti Navya and Dhruv shared a look.

"You are sure right?" Mukti asked setting his hair.

"Di, don't spoil my hair. And I am sure about Nandu" he looked really serious while speaking. Navya rubbed her forehead unable to understand how to deal the situation.

"Manik, can you warm up some water and bring it for me?" Mukti asked him cupping his face. Pouting at her request, as he couldn't say no, he walked out of the room.

"What do you think we should do about this?" Mukti turned to the other two.

"I think, we should take it slow for now. Let them be sure of their feelings. Then we can talk to the elders of the Oberoi family" Navya said coming to a conclusion after thinking about lots of if's and but's.

"I think he should tell Nandini how he feels about her. If she also feels the same, then good. But if not and Manik develops feelings for her, he'll be heartbroken later." Dhruv shared his worries with his sister-in-laws.

"I think Dhruv is right" Mukti agreed. She can bare anything but not her little brother getting hurt. He was her first baby.

"Di, see what I made for you all" Manik entered the room, followed by a butler.

"This is for you. Nandini specifically asked me to give this to you" He passed the box to Dhruv, then turning to Mukti he gave her a plate which had sandwich's and a masala omlet and passed another plate with Nutella bread to Navya.

"Navya di, one is for me in that okay?" he said giving her a calculated look. They both were huge fans of Nutella and sharing it meant war!

"Go make some for yourself. I'm not sharing" she frowned.

"But I made two for you and one extra for me, so one is mine" He snatched one from the plate and pushed it into his mouth. He knew that she would never take anything from him if he puts it in his mouth.

"Fine. Have it your way. You monkey!" she hit him on his head.

"Mukku di" he whined in protest.

"Eating food without me" Aliya entered the room and sat next to Mukti. Keeping her head in Mukti's lap, she closed her eyes sighing.

"Had a rough day?" Mukti asked running her fingers in Aliya's hair.

"Yeah, there was this customer. My God, she was so annoying. I had designed all her clothes exactly how we had discussed earlier. But now, she's saying she is not happy with at least one outfit. So me and my team had to make all the changes in the last minute according to her preferences and then send her off. Its not that I haven't handled annoying customers. But this lady was very rude. You know she literally called one of my staff b!tch. That was the last nail in coffin for me. I was ready to charge her but my assistant, Rhea handled her" Aliya turned to Mukti's stomach and hid her face.

Picking up the intercom, Mukti asked the kitchen staff to bring fresh juice.

****

Oberoi Mansion:

"What was that? What's going on between you and that guy?" Shivaai asked making Nandini sit on the bed in her room. He walked towards her room door and locked it because he wanted to have this conversation without any interruption.

"Bhai. It was nothing like how you are thinking. Me, Rudy bhaiya and Manik were just having fun. Nothing else. They both were teasing me, so I was just trying to catch them. Rudy bhaiya held my hands really tightly, that's why Manik was checking my hands."

"Do you like him?" he asked with a stern tone. Before she could answer, there was a loud bang on the door.

"Shivaai open the door right now!" they heard Anika's voice.

Nandini looked towards the door and was about to take a step towards it, but one look from Shivaai, she sat on her bed and folded her legs.

"So tell me. Do you like him?" he was back on his point. The banging on the door increased, but he turned a deaf ear to that temporarily.

"Yes I do" she mumbled in a hardly audible tone looking down.

"Are you sure about him?" he asked again composing himself of the raising temper.

"yes" she just whispered this time.

"Look at me and answer dammit" he yelled this time and she flinched.

"Yes" she said looked up to face him. His eyes had turned red, jaws clenched and fists curled up. Nandini got scared seeing him so angry.

"Bhai" she said and her eyes teared up. Shivaai closed her eyes and tried to control his temper. Without speaking a word, he opened the door and stormed out.

Anika, Om, Gauri rushed in to see if Nandini was fine. Nandini hid her face in her palms and started crying.

Anika, Om and Gauri panicked seeing her crying.

"I'll go and talk to Shivaai" Om said and walked out patting Nandini's head lovingly.

"Baby, stop crying and tell me, what did Shivaai say?"

"Vo bhai got angry" she hiccupped and continued "he asked me if I like Manik" she hiccupped again.

"shhh.. calm down. Tell me what did you say?

"I told him that I like him" she said an looked up to see her sister-in-laws. Anika and Gauri gasped. Anika could understand why Shivaai reacted like that. She shared a worried look with Gauri.

"Didi, I think you should go and talk to Shivaai bhaiya" Gauri said and Anika nodded in understanding.

"She likes him" She could hear Shivaai's strained voice from his study room.

Without bothering to knock she walked in to talk to the brothers.

"Boys, listen to me. Nandu likes him. So for now, lets just take it slow and see how things take a turn. So for now, hold your horses and stop being a jerk to your sister. One more stupid act from anyone of you, you'll face the worst side of me" Anika finished and left the room without bothering to look back.

'Phew! That was easy. Now I have to come up with something to reduce the damage control' she said to herself and walked in the direction of Nandini's room.

"What was that!" Om asked baffled

"Anika Shivaai Singh Oberoi" Shivaai said and chuckled.

*********

See you guys next Saturday!

Stay home Stay safe guys!

Take care!

Loads of love

Until next time

Neeraja :)