Part 23

I am back after almost a month. Well I had a very busy schedule last month and the little free time that I had, the only thing I did was sleep, because I badly needed it.

Writing this part was little difficult for some reason. So let me know what was a little off today. I read it 3 times, but couldnt figure out what and why.

Happy reading :)

Oberoi Mansion:

Next Morning

"I see that my daughters are glowing a little more today. I guess there were fireworks last night" Jaanvi said in a mischievous tone wriggling her eyebrows at her daughter in laws, who were so engrossed in making breakfast, that they didn't notice her, when she had entered the kitchen.

Anika and Gauri blushed furiously at her comment and turned away hiding their faces making Jaanvi laugh.

"Be happy like this always" she said hugging both of them

"We love you" the replied together

"I love you all" Nandini ran towards them and joined the hug.

"Chalo, lets set the table before they come here looking for us" Janvi said breaking the hug and her daughters followed obediently.

Shivaai and Om were unusually quite at the breakfast table. Everyone noticed it but didn't speak about it. Soon the men had left for the office and Janvi asked Anika Gauri and Nandini to come to her room.

"So whats the matter with the boys?" She asked without beating around the bush. Anika and Gauri exchanged glances while Nandini was hiding behind her beloved bhabhi's.

"Vo Mom" Anika started and turned to Nandini, who nodded her head in a No.

Jaanvi observed the look-look exchange and said sternly

"Out with the truth now, or else I am calling your husbands"

"Nooo" Nandini yelled making everyone in the room palm their ears.

Janvi glared at her and smiling sheepishly Nandini walked towards her.

"Vo Mom, kal me and Bhabhi were talking, when Shivaai bhai and Om bhai accidentally heard us. Phir Bhabhi's handled them" she said playing with her mother's fingers.

"And what exactly did they hear?" Janvi didn't give in.

"That" Nandini started and her voice almost fell to a whisper

"Me and Manik confessed our love to each other" Nandini told the half truth. Janvi was not convinced but just let the matter be.

"I am so happy for you Nandu. Manik is a really nice guy. He will keep you happy" she said caressing Nandini's hair who smiled brightly at her mothers words.

Oberoi Industries:

Shivaai's office:

"What do you want to do about this? And please stop walking around, you are giving me a headache" Om said in an irritated tone. From the moment they had stepped into the office, Shivaai was pacing to and fro in his cabin like a hungry cat.

"What do you mean what do I want to do? There is nothing for us to do now. That monkey butt confessed his feelings for her and he kissed her. Like he Kissed her. I am unable to get that mage out of my head" Shivaai said standing in front on Om and shuddered at the last sentence. Om followed the suite making a weird face.

"So true bro" he said shaking his head.

***

'Should I or Should I not' Manik was repeating this sentence for the nth time, but couldn't decide. Suddenly he got up and moved to Mukti's room as she was the only one at home apart from him.

"Di, yes or No?" he asked her standing at her door.

"For what?" she asked confused

"For something that I want to do" he said cryptically

"And what do you want to do?" she asked folding her hands on her chest.

"Something that I am unable to decide whether I should or not" he said confidently this time.

"Which would be?" she didn't give up

"Depending on what you say because I am unable to decide" he said rubbing the back of his neck giving her a sheepish smile.

Narrowing her eyes she declared a 'No'

"But why?" Manik whined with a pout

"Because I am saying so" Mukti shot back with attitude.

"But I want to do it" he whined again

"Then why did you ask me" she said throwing her hands in the air dramatically for the effect

"Because I thought you would say yes, huh" Manik said and walked away stomping his foot.

"Now what is this stupid boy upto" Mukti muttered to herself and called Manik twice, but he had already gone to his room and dialled the number.

"Hello Manik" Nandini's cheerful voice greeted him making a smile automatically form on his face.

"Hello Nandu" he too replied in the same tone. Both of them fell silent the next instant. After few seconds, Nandini cleared her throat and asked

"You wanted to say something?"

"Umm yeah... vo.. are you free today evening?" Manik stammered

"Yeah, I am free, but why ?" she asked, a frown decorating her forehead.

"Would you like to some out with me?" he asked gulping the lump formed in his throat.

"I have to ask Mumma. I'll ask and tell you. will that be fine ?" she said cutely and Manik could already imagine her confused expressions.

"Sure, just text me and I will let you know the details if you can come" he said crossing his fingers hoping to get a positive reply.

"Okay" she mumbled and both of them fell silent again. Something between them had changed after their kiss the previous day.

"I'll text you then" she said and he just hmm'ed in reply.

"Bye" she mumbled after a whole minute of silence.

"Bye" he mumbled clumsily and hung up.

Nandini informed Janvi about her going out with Manik and she agreed instantly. Nandini texted the same to Manik, who informed her that he would pick her up at 6.

Nandini got ready with the help of Gauri and Anika, who teased her all the while. At 6 o clock sharp Manik had come to Oberoi Mansion looking dashing as always, but the moment his eyes fell on Nandini, everything around him had gone into a freeze mode. He could hear nothing and the only thing he could see was her. She was looking like a doll brought back to life.

(Outfits in the media box)

Manik wasn't looking any less. Nandini didn't blink her eyes the moment she stepped out of the house after receiving his message that he was waiting for her in the parking. Taking baby steps and blushing bright red, Nandini walked towards him.

"Shall we" she said in a low tone, but that was enough to snap him out of his dream land.

"Yeah, yeah, sure. Yes" Manik fumbled a couple of times looking everywhere, embarrassed of getting caught staring. He opened the door for her like a gentleman and helped her sit in the passenger seat and sprinted towards the other side.

"Where are we going?" she asked as they had come out of the house

"It's a surprise sweetheart" he said and winked at her making her blush at his new nickname.

*******

Dont forget to vote and comment. It would mean a lot to me.

Keep smiling

Take care

Until next time

Neeraja :)