Part 42(A)

Hey guys, the update was long, so i had divided it into two parts.

Its a double update, Happy Reading :)

**** 

One week to Manan's engagement

"Haan Navya beta bolo" Jaanvi said answering Navya's call.

"Aunty, Dadu and Dadi want Manik and Nandini to do a puja before their engagement in our family deity's temple. Can it be possible for Nandu to manage a day fasting" she said 'fasting' in a low tone, as she herself didn't want Nandini to fast.

"Beta, fasting? You know right how Nandu is?" Jaanvi said in a worried tone.

"Aunty, trust me, I never wanted to put Nandu in that spot, I even told Dadi the same, but Dadi wants the puja to happen with the same rules that we've been following in our family. But don't worry, Nandu can eat before sunrise and after sunset that day, its not a strict fast like Karwachaut, she can drink water, but she cant eat anything during the day. Even Manik has to fast, and I didn't tell him that yet. Me and Mukku are worried hell would break loose in the house." Jaanvi could clearly understand her condition, because she was in the similar situation.

"Let me talk to Nandu, I will let you know in couple of hours, okay?" Jaanvi said and Navya ended the call releasing the breath that she was holding.

"What did Jaanvi aunty say?" Mukti asked in a hushed tone.

"She is not sure, she said she will talk to Nandu and let us know" Navya said folding her hands and prayed closing her eyes.

"Dadi bhi naa" Mukti said in a frustrated tone.

"Vo chodo, think about how to convince Manik now" Navya said with a pout and Mukti replied with a similar one. 'Twins!'

"Okay we will think about Manik later, you first eat something, its been nore than two hours from your last meal. Tell me if you want anything specific?" Navya said rubbing her hands.

"Food again, yaar Navya, I am already putting on so much weight and I don't want to eat anything now. Juice is just fine, and please orange juice" Mukti said making a bad face.

"Okkaaayyyy, and biscuits along with juice?" Navya tried her luck and Mukti glared at her twin.

"No, just one glass of juice, nothing more and nothing less" Mukti said and stormed away.

"The baby is just going to be like Abhi jiju" Navya murmured looking at the direction in which Mukti stormed away.

"Ramesh kaka, one glass fresh orange juice for Mukti, and make sure you fill in the biggest glass we have in the house" Navya instructed the cook and moved to accompany Mukti.

***

"Maa, was it Navya? What was she saying? Why do you look so worried? Are you alright?" Gauri rained questions at a worried looking Jaanvi. Hearing Gauri, Anika entered the kitchen and got worried seeing a tensed Jaanvi.

"Maa, you are scaring us, tell us na what did Navya say?" Anika asked filling a glass of water and taking it to Jaanvi.

"Manik's dadi want Manik and Nandini to perform a puja in their traditional deity's temple" she said and Gauri and Anika exchanged looks "Okay, that is fine right?" Anika said not understanding her MIL's concern/worry.

"Nandu and Manik, they have to fast that day, not like the whole day, but from sunrise till sunset, they cant eat anything, they can be allowed to drink water only. They can eat before sunrise and only after sunset" Jaanvi said and Anika and Gauri's eyes widened.