Part 46

I hope you guys liked the updated title of the book!

Happy reading!

Dont forget to vote and comment.

***

Sangeet

The Oberoi house was lit up and music was light and sombre for now, as the hosts were getting ready hurriedly to welcome their guests. All the Malhotra and Oberoi close friends and families and very close business associates were invited to this event.

"Bhabhi, isn't this looking fine. I mean I don't doubt Aliya di's design, but am I looking good wearing this? I feel the makeup is too much, I think we should ask the makeup person to change it little bit. And my hair, should I leave it or should it partially tie it. This mehandi, its dried up, so do you think I should put on something else along with my bangles, like another bracelet instead of these bangles. Are my heels fine? Manik is so tall, doesn't matter if I wear heels, I look short like a mushroom next to him" Nandini said turning left and right, looking at herself in the mirror. She was little worried about everything.

"Nai baby, everything is perfect. Don't get stressed. Be confident and carry your dress with confidence" Anika said cupping Nandini's cheek, putting her heart at ease.

"Sorry, I don't know why, I am getting so stressed. So many people will be there naa, maybe that's why" Nandini mumbled looking down, biting her lip. Anika smiled and said nothing, but pulled Nandini into her embrace and patted her head.

"You don't have to worry. Just be yourself and enjoy, because its your sangeet. These moments will not come back again Nandu. So just live and enjoy every moment" Anika said and Nandini hugged her tighter.

"Are, hugging without me" Gauri said walking inside Nandini's room and hugged Nandini from behind making the other two ladies chuckle.

"Group hug without us, not fair" Shivaai and Om said coming in and back hugged their wives, wrapping their hands around Nandini as well.

"Bhai, you guys are squeezing me" Nandini said trying to get out of their death grip. Her brothers laughed but didn't leave her.

"Bhai leave her, she is already small, if you squeeze her tighter she'll be nothing but a skeleton" Rudra said coming in and Nandini pouted. Turning to Shivaai she complained "Bhai, see Rudra bhaiya naa" she whined.

"Rudra, don't tease my baby" Shivaai and Om said together making Rudra roll his eyes and Nandini showed her tongue to her brother.

"Boys, what are you all doing here. Guests will be coming anytime now. Someone should be there to welcome them, common now, go. Anika and Gauri, beta one of you stay with Nandu and one of you come with me" Jaanvi said walking in and smiled looking at her kids. Cupping Nandini's cheek she placed a kiss on her forehead and placed a kohl dot behind her ear, protecting from evil eye. And before Anika or Gauri could step out of Nandini's room, she did the same to her daughter-in-law's as well, who walked out kissing her cheeks.

***

"Di yaar, its my sangeet, whats taking you so long to get ready. I got ready 45 minutes back, and you three are not coming out of your room only" Manik whined stomping his foot, shouting on the top of his voice from the living room.

"If you don't come in the next 15 minutes, I swear I am going leaving you all" he shouted again and sat in the living room, looking at the clock, tapping his foot in annoyance.

Hearing all the commotion Dadi and Dadu Malhotra were the first one to step out of their rooms.

"Whats the fuss about Manik. Its just 7, sangeet is supposed to start at 8, so relax we will be there on time. Stop irritating your sisters and let them get ready peacefully" Asha Malhotra said sternly and Manik just pouted in reply.