7

El-
"Grandma Hi!"

God why me.

My dad looks like he wants the floor to open up and take him. My grandparents look so happy to not only see me but Ryder as well whom they haven't seen in a while. And Ryder, well he looks somewhere in between crying, laughing, and punching a wall.

Duke who doesn't know where to go first.
Jump on me, get love. Jump on Ryder, get love. Go get more love from my grandparents. Or get to my father who looks again like he wants to die.

I haven't seen my grandparents in a couple months. Mainly because of touring my dad doesn't let me go anywhere unless it's within a 30 mile radius of our house.

Now Ryder hasn't seen them since well maybe 8th grade graduation. That's a whole different situation to unpack.

"Come here! My you've grown!" My grandma carries on gushing as my grandpa gives me a large bear hug.
Both of them are still relatively tall. Which explains my height.

I legit was born of two giants. Calum Hood 6'2 and Vanessa Hood, formerly King, 5'10. Im still forever thankful their genes didn't mix and I was not born like 6'5 or something.

"And you! Little Ryder Hemmings! Oh my goodness I hardly recognized you!" My grandma practically in tears.

She asked about Ryder every holiday, every time me or my dad called. She loved him. I'm sure she had our wedding all planned out.

Actually she did.

She gave me a binder that her and my mom made. It was more my grandma but made my mother participate because my grandma can get anyone to do anything.

"Yea he's not recognizable." My father mumbled sarcastically.

"Nice to see you both again." Ryder gave a genuine smile, hugging both of them tightly.

"Now if you excuse me I need to be getting home." He was slowly backing away to the door.

"Nonsense call old Lukey up and tell him the Kings are having you for dinner."

"Grandma King I-"

Before he could finish my grandma grabbed his hand and sat him on the couch.

As I said my grandma could get anyone to do anything. So he choose to call his dad and stay with us.

My fathers face was much to be desired. He loved my grandparents as if they were Mama Joy and Papa David but right now he wanted them gone.

"Mom, I don't have anything prepared for an extra meal." My father groaned out with a smile.

"Oh why yes you do, these kids can help us cook. They always used to help V."

Everyone's faces dropped when my grandma called her by her nickname. Even after 10 years it feels surreal and no one can ever really 'get over it.'

"I don't wanna be a hassle." Ryder now pleading for me to help it.

"You could never be a hassle."

"You shouldn't be here."

Both said at the same time. I bet you can guess which one my dad said.

"Ella, kitchen. Now."

I followed a stomping Calum to the kitchen. Who was now pacing back and forth.

"Why is he here?"

I start talking.

"Why did he come in?"

I start talking again.

"Where you in his car with him?"