34

Ella

"Take a left."

I am currently driving my fathers car, Caleb being the only helpful one and giving me directions. I wasn't aware that we even lived close to a chick-fil-a, so I was relatively lost.

My eyes wandered to the rear view mirror so I can see Ryder clearly, who was being pouty and refused to sit in the front seat with me since I supposedly "like Caleb better anyways."

His eyes meet mine quickly, doing his best to avoid smiling before turning to the side to speak to Mia. Thus I turned my attention back to Caleb who was telling me to turn into a parking lot.

"Guys I don't think we have one." I stated, turning the car into the crowded parking lot which is causing Mia to get giddy.

"You don't know everything Ella." Mia was quick to fire back, pulling herself out of her seat with Caleb's headrest.

I can hear Ryder stifle a laugh as his eyes met mine in the rear view mirror, a cheeky smile spreading across his face.

"Yea, yea ok. Are we eating there or taking it back to yours?" I ask, checking my mirrors making sure no one is behind me as I waited for a response.

"Here." Caleb basically yelled at me, a taking as if he was going to turn the wheel for me into the parking spot.

"Ya know normally I would take offense that you don't wanna come back to mine but I cant take two more minutes of crying." Mia groaned, basically bouncing up and down in her seat in excitement.

I parked the car, my eyes falling over to Caleb who doesn't seem the slightest bit interested in being here, especially with pouty Ryder and for lack of a better explanation bubbles from the powerpuff girls, which is who Mia was acting like.

The engine barely turned off before Mia scurried out of the car, basically pulling Caleb's door off the hinges and dragging him out too.

I was getting my wallet out from the center console, my phone and stuff all scratched across the car, my eyes scanning the floor as my door opens, the cool rush of air hitting my back.

"Come on Els." Ryder's voice was soft, I could tell he was smiling at me struggling to find my phone.

"I can't find my" My voice trailed off as I turned to look at him, my phone held between his two fingers holding it out to me.

"Your welcome." He winked at me, putting my phone in his pocket before I could grab it, extending a hand for me to take.

He pulled me out of the car, the keys circling my finger as I locked it, our hands still connected as he pulled me around the back of it and toward the restaurant.

"Your not mad at me anymore?" I questioned, my head turning up to look at his, his eyes never leaving the road in front of us.

He laughed before quickly looking down at me, his hand disconnecting from my hand and wrapping around my shoulder.

"Your cute Hood." He planted a small kiss on hair before picking up his pace to further drag me into the restaurant.

The doors were glass, revealing a very giddy Mia and a rather annoyed looking Caleb waiting for us to come in, waving us down.

Ryder opened the door but stood in between the threshold, puckering his lips. I looked over his shoulders, his eyes closed, I quickly ducked under his extended arm that was holding the door open, the rush of air the only thing causing him to look behind him.

"Don't pout Ry, not a good look for you." I winked before spinning on my heels over to my friends who were patiently standing in line.

I can hear his loud stomps coming up behind me, I'm half expecting him to wrap his arms around my body but much to my surprise he walks over to Caleb and leanings against the railing holding the line together.