57

*fyi you'll be getting lots of updates within the next two weeks because we only have like 3-4 chapters left ;) enjoy

Ella

I knew the question had to be coming, I mean no one makes something so ominous and open ended just to not ask it in the end, and here it comes.

We had ended up walking back to the fields where our picnic basket lay, our bodies molding together yet again as we cuddled up against the now cleaned up picnic blanket just savoring the moment as the sky turned colors of blue and orange, the moon slowly coming into view above us.

He was nervous now, he wasn't the touchy and overly affectionate Ryder right now. Rather he was twisting my rings around my fingers over and over again, tapping his foot against the grassy field trying to get as many nerves out as he can.

I didn't push him or question him because he all but basically said that today will be a perfect memory as long as I say yes to him, so regardless of what he ask I know I will say yes, I know that I'll make myself say yes if I don't want to.

"I need to ask the question now baby."

My eyes shot up to him, looking at the edge of him jaw as it's clenched and unclenches quickly, his eyes staying up on the sky almost like he was trying to ignore me.

I sat up now, turning so my body was facing down his own only to watch him let out a sigh and pinch the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger leaving an exasperated expression on his face.

His hands come up, rubbing up and down my arms, sending shivers and goosebumps across my tanned skin as I watched him closely. His eyes stayed away from my own, keeping them trained on the sky above us still, watching as a few stars began to poke through the atmosphere.

"Ask it Ryder, I'm a big girl." I half heartily joked, staring down at the boy in front of me who began to shift his body, replacing his relaxed and laid position with a proper upright one.

"Do you trust me?" He queered, his sky blue eyes tearing into my soul as his question settled within my mind.

"That's a stupid question." I huffed, knowing we both know the answer to it and there is no genuine reason to be asking such a thing. After everything this year he knows damn well I trust him more than he would ever know.

"I'm serious Ella." His voice was stern, unmoving. His eyes flicked back and for the from my face to something behind me that seemed to have caught his attention.

"Of course I trust you Ry." I spoke with a sigh, reaching my hand up to run it through his blonde mess of curls. His eyes instinctively shut, his head leaning into my palm quickly before his eyes fluttered open and his arms pulled me into him.

Our lips meet, moving perfectly in sync as his hand fiddled with the collar of my shirt attempting to get a better hold of my face.

It was a love kiss, a type of kiss you only get a few times in your life and I had only had it once with Ryder before tonight.

He was pawing at my clothes just trying to get me closer to him, holding onto my shoulders, my waist, my face, anything tangible of me that he can get his hands on it was pulling at and yearning for.

I broke us apart briefly, pulling my head back far enough to take a look at his face that was now completely flushed with speckled cheeks and fluttering eyelids. He looks beautiful but he still was anxious, I could that as soon as my eyes found his, he was nervous for the question and he needs reassurance of not only my trust but my love. Which of course he knowingly has both but for him reassurance is key in all situations.