32

Caleb-

I woke up sweating, my whole body sticking to the seat underneath me. My hands feeling around me as my eyes were focused on landscape of my neighbors house. My body now shot up in unknowing, I didn't remember where I feel asleep or who I was with.

I winced in pain as my hand hit edge of a seat, my eyes looking down to scan the swollen knuckles that were now cover in dried blood. My eyes starting to make its way around me, placing myself in Ella's car with her sleepily peacefully in drivers seat.

"Shit."

My hands found my head, rubbing my eyes aggressively, trying to pull myself together after the mess that was last night.

My eyes scanned the car for a phone. It was still relatively dusk like outside so it couldn't be past 8 I was thinking, meaning I probably only sleep for 2 hours.

I finally saw Ella's bright blue phone case laying face up on her lap. I inched my way closer, my fingers very light as I attempted to slide the phone off her thigh but of course I fumbled, sending the phone flying against the console with a loud bang.

Ella stirred as I flinched backward waiting to see if her eyes would pop open in response to the loud sound.

Thankfully she didn't wake, her body just shifting back and forth as she fell into the same position. A sigh escaped my lips as I lightly grabbed the phone again pulling it back to my chest.

My eyes scanned the phone, the clock flashing 7:45, along with multiple text messages from Ryder and Mali, a few calls from Mia, and a million other things coming in.

I knew I had to wake her up. I also knew I had to go into my house, clean up my hand and put a poster over the wall before I could fix it once my dad left for tour.

The thought of him leaving sent shivers through my body.

I quickly shook those feelings off, my eyes turning back to my best friend who stuck with me last night even when I was sure she was terrified.

Last night was the worst it ever got. I normally just cry in my room or shower, not really ever letting anyone see me the way Ella did last night. I didn't want to go to Ryder because I knew he was tired and needed to sleep as well as the fact he doesn't do well with it either, he's easily stressed out.

I did text Mia though. Multiple times actually.

I was utterly desperate and I know she had just gotten in an argument with her dad over this issue just a few days ago. I wanted someone to listen and that never happens. I'm normally closed off, not letting anyone see me so fragile but last night I needed someone to.

I definitely felt like shit, pulling down the visor, sliding the cover over to see my reflection staring back at me. My eyes puffy and dark, my hair a mess, and a small amount of dried blood smeared on my face from my knuckles.

"You don't look that bad." I heard Ella's small voice, doing her best to try and sound as awake as possible.

"Bull." I looked over, flipping the visor up, sending a cheeky smile in her direction.

"I said not that bad, don't flatter yourself." She rolled her eyes smiling slowly sitting up from her leather seat.

"We didn't sleep long huh?" She looked out the windshield, scanning the atmosphere around us.

"Two or so hours." I shrugged "Your phone is blowing up though." I spun her phone around in my fingers before turning the phone in her direction waiting for her to grab it.

"They can wait." She pulled it out from my fingers, quickly looking over the notifications before placing it down face down in her lap.

"You gonna talk to your dad C?" She looked over at me with concern in her eyes, not really beating around the bush.