25

Ella-

Everyone's eyes are now on Ryder. His head slowly stoops nodding, his eyes never leaving mine. Caleb started to speak but Aunt Kaykay put her finger up to silence him.

"Sooo how's the baby doing Aunt Crystal?" Any eyes tore away from Ryder's, his on the other hand still burning into my skull.

Aunt Crystal looked at my father before shaking her head and removing herself fro the situation entirely. The 8 month pregnant women got up and walked away from her family.

"Ella why did you lie?" My father didn't sound upset but everyone seemed on edge from Ryder's and Calebs reaction.

"Didn't seem important." I shrugged my shoulders, stabbing my eggs multiple times making sure eye contact was never an option.

"Aunt S how's the new song coming?" Mia was attempting to save me now, which I didn't mind.

"Swell." She started through gritted teeth staring at her son across the table. "How do you know this person Ryder?" Her voice was flat.

"He used to play soccer with me." He coughed at the of his sentence in nervousness, my eyes were still fixated on my plate.

"He doesn't look like the type." My eyes never left my plate but Ryder was quick to snap my attention to his own by kicking me under the table.

"Hell Ryder what was that for?" I made no secret about what he just did. He's pissing me off.

"Fuck it I need a drink." Uncle Luke didn't even wait around for his son's response before getting up and storming into the house, followed by the uncles and his wife.

Ryder was sending daggers at me but whatever he was trying to do was failing miserably since I couldn't give to flying fucks right now.

"The suns going down we should start getting the backyard ready." My Aunt Mali quickly pushed herself away from the table, Aunt Kaykay following her in suit leaving the four of us to our own demise.

Caleb didn't say anything but removed himself from the table, rushing over to help my Aunt with the lights. Mia sent me a sympathetic smile before doing the same. I wasn't about to be left here with him so I turned to make my way inside but that idea was quickly shot down.

Ryder now has my hand intertwined with his own as he pulls me through the house into a small room off the backyard. He slammed the door with his free hand before aggressively ripping his other away from my own and running them through his hair.

"What the fuck?" He couldn't look at me. He was still pacing back and forth in front of the slider.

Great. Two fights in one day, I'm living the life.

"Oh don't start this please."

If you couldn't tell by now I was the peacemaker for everything, which never got me anywhere so I don't know why I try.

"Don't do that El. What in the world? He was here?" Towards the end of his sentence concern laced each word.

"Yes." I said probably in the most obvious tone possible, my faint accent peaking through especially now that i'm annoyed.

"What did he say? Did he hurt you?" His arms are lacing up and down my body, patting and rubbing trying to find a sore spot.

"No!" I ripped my body away from his, staring at this man who I was pissed at. "Now if you excuse me."

My attempt to brush past him failed as I was no being pulled back at my wrist to be pressed against his chest.

"No you don't. What did he want?" He placed his chest firmly against my back, holding me tightly. His hands were holding my wrists like handcuffs, his grip getting tighter but he second.