37

Ryder

I can genuinely say I have never ran to anyone faster.
Not even Ella.

I was flying toward my best friend, who was quite literally stumbling over his own feet and falling around. I scanned the area, not seeing anyone but Caleb. My eyes burning into his skin as my body kept moving forward in the direction of him.

I can hear my father calling both of our names, with my mother screaming into her phone, Uncle Cal was flying just behind me his words mixing with my fathers. Though my mind was running much to fast to seemingly care what they were telling me to do.

"Caleb!" I ducked my body just under his before his body hit the ground.

I could feel his body weight falling on my own, my lips falling into a straight line as I used everything in me to hoist him up to my feet. My arm was strongly wrapped around his waist, dragging his body with his feet pulling in the grass.

"Your ok C, your ok." I mumbled in his direction just as my eyes lifted to see Uncle Cal making a b line to Caleb's other side.

I felt Caleb's weight lift off my body slightly, his feet shifting trying to help us carry the load. I kept my eyes trained on the floor as both myself and Uncle Cal huff and grunted trying to pull Caleb in the direction of my house.

In a swift moment my eyes look up to Ella who was shuffling under Mali's protective arm, her thumbs moving quickly with something on her phone before moving it up to her ear.

"Fuck me." Caleb mumbled under his breath just as Uncle Cal hoisted him up his arm, pulling him closer to his body.

My anxiety was at an all time high at this moment. My mind was running a million miles a minute and my eyes couldn't stay focused on one thing. I just kept my grip on my best friends side as I moved us up the stairs to my front porch.

My mom moved away from me to allow room for the door, her phone still pressed up against her ear as she spoke clear and annoyed to who i'm assuming is 911.

"I can't, I-i need to sit." Caleb mutter, his words stammering just as his feet were.

"C stay up, we're almost in the house." I spoke clear just as Uncle Cal pulled him through the threshold of my house.

All three of us moved swiftly into the house, barely even making it past the entryway as Caleb fell feverishly onto the stairs, each movement his groans only increasing.

I allowed my arm to slip off his body, my eyes scanning everything on his body, watching as small amounts of blood falling from his face. His white t-shirt turning red down on his left side beat the edge of his pelvic region.

"Hey, hey." I can feel someone's hands resting lightly on my shoulder. My eyes turning up to see Uncle Cal giving me a softened look. "Go get everyone inside, I got him."

As much as I shouldn't have I gave him a skeptical look. This wasn't a fist fight, no where near close but I was always the one that took care of him after he fucked himself up. It's hard for me not to feel unsure when someone is taking that from me.

"Ryder." He murmured. "Please go get them inside."

I reluctantly lifted myself up in an upward position, spinning back on my heels headed back toward the door where the red and blue lights now flossing the entrance of the house.

Man Ella and I wanted our parents to sober up. But not like this.

I felt my body not moving in any direction. My brain was telling my legs to move but nothing was happening. I can feel my my eyes glassing over as I can hear my best friend groaning in the corner behind me. I cant move my body. Nothing in me can make me move.