53

hehe i'm back baby ;)
thank you for 10k reads, ily <3
there will be mentions of  rape in this chapter.
read at your own accord.

Ella

"Family meeting!"

All I was hearing was Malis voice booming through my house, bouncing off each and every hallway as she yelled at my family pooled downstairs.

She had lost her head after the officer left, his short curt smile piercing through me as he realized he fucked up. He saw that when the words left his mouth both mine and my aunts faces twisted up in pure confusion, Mali's falling more in the pushed category, that he royally messed up. So he hurried out of her quickly, not even turning around as he stumbled down our driveway into the car with swirling lights.

Not even two seconds after the front door closed Mali was on her phone calling back her younger brother, who was surrounded by the boys now, all who looked at us like we grew two heads. Honestly I feel like if we did it would be less surprising then finding out that everyone in our family helped out the kid away.

I mean that seems rather dramatic and life altering for the boys for them to keep from us. But never the less they did, they kept it from us and I really couldn't figure out why.

"I said family meeting so everyone better have their ass down here in 5!" Mali shouted again, causing me to force my body up off my bed and head over to my locked bedroom door.

I am up in my room sometime after my father was trying to explain to Mali what happened, because I simply couldn't comprehend anything and I wanted to be alone with my thoughts.

So for the past two hours I've been laying with my eyes closed on my bed trying to sort them all into boxes. Well that was until very loud stomps and very needy knocks came from the other side of my door, followed by very needy phrases spilling from Ryder's mouth.

Once he calmed, surely still sitting against my bedroom door, the rest of my poured into my house. Family by family, starting with the Hemmings, who kept rather quiet besides their son. Then the Clifford's, who's babies screamed and shouted downstairs for at least 30 minutes. Then the Irwin's, whom both yelled they were home but quickly shut up when the realized that the rest of the house was on edge.

Obviously my father and uncles didn't physically showed up, but I heard their voices as I watched Mali screen share her phone to the living room TV so all four of their faces were larger and more prominent for us see and their voices to make out. But I reached up the stairs after that, despite my fathers constant calls for me to stay with my Aunt but she was quick to snap at him and tell him to shut his mouth unless spoken too.

So they all shut up after that, a few laughs and phrases spilling out of the TV up the stairs to be muffled for my ears but that was about it. Mali had everyone on edge and the lack of my presence didn't help. I'm sure they all thought I drowned again, oh well.

I really couldn't put my thoughts together, nothing really fitting together because my father had to have known the kid or the people involved to get him arrested in the first place, and for two years that's serious shit.

So obviously i thought about Ryder and Caleb, was it their friend ya know? I mean it truly didn't make much sense but I just went with it, trying to see if I could get a story together.

But then again, if it was their friend it would explain the way they got at the dinner we had those few months ago. Ryder did say he would promise to tell me about him but I thought it was some recent thing that had occurred, so I shrugged it off not really caring because Ryder and I were nothing then.