The game i suck at

They reached the end of the passageway and saw before them a brilliantlylit chamber, its ceiling arching high above them. It was full of small, jewel-bright birds, fluttering and tumbling all around the room. On the oppositeside of the chamber was a heavy wooden door. 

"Do you think they'll attack us if we cross the room?" said Ron. 

"Probably," said Harry. "They don't look very vicious, but I suppose ifthey all swooped down at once . . . well, there's no other choice . . . I'll run."He took a deep breath, covered his face with his arms, and sprinted acrossthe room. He pulled thehandle, but it was locked.The other three noticed his struggling and followed him. They tugged and heaved at the door, but itwouldn't budge, not even when Hermione and Artemis tried their Alohomora Charm. 

"Now what?" said Ron. 

"These birds . . . they can't be here just for decoration," said Hermione.They watched the birds soaring overhead, glittering — glittering? 

"They're not birds!" Harry and Artemis both said suddenly "They're keys! Winged keys —look carefully. So that must mean . . ." Harry and Artemis looked around the chamber whilethe other two squinted up at the flock of keys. ". . . yes — look! Broomsticks!We've got to catch the key to the door!"

"But there are hundreds of them!"Ron examined the lock on the door. 

"We're looking for a big, old-fashioned one — probably silver, like thehandle." Artemis stated. They each seized a broomstick and kicked off into the air, soaring into themidst of the cloud of keys. They grabbed and snatched, but the bewitchedkeys darted and dived so quickly it was almost impossible to catch one.Not for nothing, though, was Harry the youngest Seeker in a century and Artemis was also an excellent seeker. They had a knack for spotting things other people didn't. After a minute's weavingabout through the whirl of rainbow feathers, they noticed a large silver key thathad a bent wing, as if it had already been caught and stuffed roughly into thekeyhole.

"look Harry" Artemis said and pointed to it, he was surprised she could see it, he nodded his head

"That one!" Harry called to the others. "That big one — there — no, there —with bright blue wings — the feathers are all crumpled on one side."Ron went speeding in the direction that Harry and Artemis were pointing, crashed intothe ceiling, and nearly fell off his broom."We've got to close in on it!" Harry called, not taking his eyes off the keywith the damaged wing. "Ron, you come at it from above — Hermione, staybelow and stop it from going down — and Artemis and I will try and catch it. Right, NOW!"Ron dived, Hermione rocketed upward, the key dodged them both, andHarry and Artemis streaked after it; it sped toward the wall, Artemis leaned forward and managed to get in front of Harry andwith a nasty, crunching noise, pinned it against the stone with one hand. 

Ronand Hermione's cheers echoed around the high chamber.They landed quickly, and Artemis handed the key to harry and Harry ran to the door, the key struggling in hishand. He rammed it into the lock and turned — it worked. The moment thelock had clicked open, the key took flight again, looking very battered nowthat it had been caught twice."Ready?" Harry asked the other three, his hand on the door handle. Theynodded. He pulled the door open. 

The next chamber was so dark they couldn't see anything at all. But asthey stepped into it, light suddenly flooded the room to reveal an astonishingsight.They were standing on the edge of a huge chessboard, behind the blackchessmen, which were all taller than they were and carved from what lookedlike black stone. Facing them, way across the chamber, were the white pieces. Artemis, Harry, Ron and Hermione shivered slightly — the towering white chessmenhad no faces. 

"Now what do we do?" Harry whispered."

It's obvious, isn't it?" said Ron. "We've got to play our way across theroom."Behind the white pieces they could see another door.