Friendly encounter with Snape

"Potter!" said Snape suddenly and a majority of the students jumped in fright. "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Artemis watched as Harry glanced at Ron, who looked as stumped as he was; Hermione's hand had shot into the air.

"I don't know, sir," said Harry, his cheeks had gone pink as he tried to find something to say, but he had no idea. Snape's lips curled into a sneer. "Tut, tut — fame clearly isn't everything." He ignored Hermione's hand. "Let's try again. Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?" Hermione stretched her hand as high into the air as it would go without her leaving her seat, but Harry didn't have the faintest idea what a bezoar was and Artemis was already beginning to lose her temper. Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle, were shaking with laughter and Artemis was glaring at them.

"I don't know, sir." Harry mumbled out

"Thought you wouldn't open a book before coming, eh, Potter?" Snape said and no matter how hard Artemis tried to keep her mouth shut, she just couldn't do it anymore

"excuse me sir, I don't know if your hair has fallen in your eyes or something, but Hary didn't raise his hand and another student did, wouldn't the logical thing to do, be letting Hermione answer the question?" Artemis asked and then turned to Malfoy and his friends "oh and I suggest that you keep your damn mouth shut and stop laughing because even after being brought up in the magical world, having plenty of resources, you still don't know the answer"

Malfoy and his gang had quickly shut up and Harry had given her a thankful look, while her friends sat gobsmacked, her slytherin buddies, sitting there with giant smirks on their faces and Adira with a proud grin, Snape however, did not look the slightest bit pleased

"50 points from Hufflepuff and detention for a week" Snape growled as he looked at the girl with the angriest look she had ever seen on a human "and I suggest you watch what you say before I take 150 points and give you a year of detention"

Snape had turned back around and Artemis rolled her eyes while Ophelia and Octavia high fived silently and grinned at their fierce Hufflebuddy.

"What is the difference, Potter, between monkshood and wolfsbane?" At this, Hermione stood up, her hand stretching toward the dungeon ceiling and if looks could kill snape would be dead on the floor and Artemis would be on her way to Azkaban.

"I don't know," said Harry quietly. "I think Hermione does, though, why don't you try her?" A few people laughed; Harry caught Artemis's eye, and Artemis winked and gave the boy a small grin. Snape, however, was not pleased.

"Sit down," he snapped at Hermione. "For your information, Potter, asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of Living Death. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite. Well? Why aren't you all copying that down?" There was a sudden rummaging for quills and parchment. Over the noise, Snape said, "And 30 points will be taken from Gryffindor House for your cheek, Potter, if I were you I would stay away from Ms Black, she doesn't seem like a good influence."

Things didn't improve for the Gryffindors nor the Huffflepuff girl as the Potions lesson continued. Snape put them all into pairs and set them to mixing up a simple potion to cure boils. He swept around in his long black cloak, watching them weigh dried nettles and crush snake fangs, criticizing almost everyone except Malfoy, whom he seemed to like, which to Artemis, wasn't that surprising.

He was just telling everyone to look at the perfect way Malfoy had stewed his horned slugs when clouds of acid green smoke and a loud hissing filled the dungeon. Neville had somehow managed to melt Seamus's cauldron into a twisted blob, and their potion was seeping across the stone floor, burning holes in people's shoes. Within seconds, the whole class was standing on their stools while Neville, who had been drenched in the potion when the cauldron collapsed, moaned in pain as angry red boils sprang up all over his arms and legs.

"Idiot boy!" snarled Snape, clearing the spilled potion away with one wave of his wand. "I suppose you added the porcupine quills before taking the cauldron off the fire?" Neville whimpered as boils started to pop up all over his nose and Artemis quickly made her way over to the boy to try and help him. "Take him up to the hospital wing," Snape spat at artemis and she nodded her head, quickly helping the boy out of the classroom.

Artemis and Neville had made it to the hospital wing and Artemis helped him onto a bed and Madam Pomfrey ran over with worry all over her face, she already knew what the problem was and ran off to get something to help him

"don't worry Neville, Madam Pomfrey will love after you and you'll be good as new, im sure this has happened loads of times before, no need to worry or be embarrassed" Artemis said and gave the boy a kind smile even though he was one of the boys who ran away from her when he found out who she was, though we was never mean to her or said anything about her

"Im sorry for being so rude, you are very nice, and it was good of you to stick up for harry" Neville muttered softly and wouldn't look at her, he was ways to guilty

"Don't even worry about it Neville, I can be a bit intimidating, but I can assure you Neville, I would never do anything to hurt you" she said softly and he finally looked up at her and she gave him a small smile

"I know that" he said and smiled at her.

Artemis stayed with Neville for a little longer and then left after Madam Pomfrey assured her that the boy was going to be okay

"Well if it isn't our favourite first year" Artemis heard from behind her and turned around to see the twins

"isn't your brother a first year?" Artemis grinned, knowing that he was because she was in fact friends with him

"Of course" George said "we heard about what happened in potions class, its spread around like wildfire, wouldn't be surprised if everyone in the bloody school has heard about it, you've only been here a week and you're already a bloody legend"

"a few hufflepuffs aren't to happy about you losing 50 points though" Fred said with a grin and slung his arm around her shoulder "Snapes been walking around taking points from everyone for anything now"

"people probably hate me again" the girl whispered softly and the twins furrowed their eyebrows, nobody hated her, especially not for this

"are you kidding, you're probably going to getting thank you cards from left right and centre" Fred said with a grin

"I find that highly unlikely" the girl said with a sigh but then a grin made its way onto her face "lets go do something, you got any dung bombs or anything on you?" she said and the boys nodded and they all shared a mischievous look before walking towards Snapes office.