Ollivanders

"Yes yes, that will do," Ollivander said, and Artemis was confused until she saw the tape measure crumpled into a heap on the floor, she stared in astonishment, she loved magic. "Alright then, Ms. Black, i think that i know just the wand for you. Try this one. Tree Pine and Unicorn Hair. 14 inches. Nice and flexible. Just take it and give it a wave, you will know if it is the wand for you."

Artemis stared at the wand for a few minutes before reaching forward over the counter and took the wand and she got more excited and excited by the second, She waved it around a bit, but Mr. Ollivander snatched it out of her hand almost at once it had sent a yellow flash and almost hit Ollivander in the head, she had wide eyes and Remus had to try his best not to laugh.

Ollivander quickly grabbed another wand, obviously still startled and he handed it to her "Maple and dragon heartstring. nine inches. Quite whippy. Try —" Artemis didn't need to wait for him to say it, she already waved it again but before she could get any spell out it, too, was snatched back by Mr. Ollivander. "No, no — here, rift wood and unicorn hair, ten and a half inches, springy. Go on, go on, try it out." Artemis tried and Ollivander let out a small sigh and a grin came onto his face "next"

The pile of tried wands was mounting higher and higher on the spindly chair, but the more wands Mr. Ollivander pulled from the shelves, the happier he seemed to become. "Tricky customer, eh? Your father was too, you look just like him do you know? Not to worry, we'll find the perfect match here somewhere — I wonder, now — yes, I think this wand will do the trick"

Ollivander stuck out another wand and as the girl looked at it she couldn't help but notice how beautiful it looked and carefully, she took the wand, she didn't know why but she wanted this wand, so she prayed that nothing bad would happen. He felt a sudden warmth in his fingers, as they wrapped around the end, she let out a deep breath 'here goes nothing' she thinks to herself. She raised the wand above her head, brought it swishing down through the dusty air and a stream of red and gold sparks shot from the end like a firework, throwing dancing spots of light on to the walls. Remus lupin looked proud whooped and clapped and Mr. Ollivander cried, "Oh, bravo! Yes, indeed, oh, very good. Well, well, well, the wand chose you Ms Black, your wand is Larch wood with phoenix feather core, 11 inches, and brittle flexibility"

Artemis grinned widely and handed the wand back to Ollivander and he put her wand back into its box and wrapped it in brown paper, a grin on his face as he handed the box back to her, her smile only got wider and wider. Artemis had ended up paying seven gold Galleons for her wand, and Mr. Ollivander bowed them from his shop.

They left the shop but suddenly Artemis lost the smile that had resided on her face and Lupin looked down at her in concern

"what's wrong Artie?" Remus asks, worried at her sudden mood change

"I'm going to miss you, I've been so excited to go to Hogwarts that i didn't even think of the negatives," She says softly, and he smiles kindly at her and even chuckles under his breathe

"Don't worry about it Artie, you will be home in time for the next holidays" He says and then looks down at his watch with wide eyes "come along, we must get you to the train station, you don't want to miss the train, especially in your first year"

Artemis nodded her head and the pair quickly made their way towards the London train station. Once they had arrived Artemis got out of the car and began to walk to the train station but Lupin stayed put, standing next to the car, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion but when she saw the sad look that had resided on the man's face, she had a soft, understanding smile

"its okay Rem, i can take care of myself from here" She says to him softly and he looks at her

"Its alright, i can co-" He started but she cut him off and walked over to his side and pulled him in for a hug, her honey and peppermint scent filling his nostrils, it was an odd combination, but somehow, it was quite nice

"its alright Rem, I'm independent, remember?" She asks and he chuckles and kisses her on the top of the head

"Alright Artie, have a good time and ill see you next holidays, I love you," He says and she pulls away and grabs her bags, making sure that rubble was still in her pocket so that none of the muggles would see him.

"Bye Moony, see you soon" She waves and hugs him one last time before making her way into the station, she was lost in no time but she spotted the brown-haired boy from the fitting shop and made her way over to him with a grin "hey" she welcomed him and grinned when she figured out that he was lost too as he looked around in confusion "you lost too"

The boy had turned around and a thankful smile made its way onto his face as he noticed the girl "yes, I'm trying to find the platform but, there is no platform 9 and 3 quarters"

"I've read that there is supposed to be a wall that we run through to get to the platform, right between 9 and 10" she says and he looked extremely grateful and he went to thank her but was cut off when they noticed a family of red heads making their way through the crowd

"— packed with Muggles, of course —" they heard the woman say and Artemis instantly recognised her to be Molly Weasley

"come on Harry, its the Weasleys, I'm sure they can help us get through" Artemis said with a grin and they both quickly pushed their trolleys over to them

"Now, what's the platform number?" said the Molly. "Nine and three-quarters!" piped a small girl, also red-headed, who was holding her hand and artemis was sure that Molly had said her name was Ginny.

"Mum, can't I go . . ." Ginny said as she looked up at her mother with sad eyes

"You're not old enough, Ginny, now be quiet. All right, Percy, you go first." Artemis hadn't seen that boy, he wasn't with them at diagon alley and she noticed that Charlie wasn't there, Percy marched toward platforms nine and ten. Harry and Artemis watched, careful not to blink in case they missed it — but just as the boy reached the dividing barrier between the two platforms, a large crowd of tourists came swarming in front of him and by the time the last backpack had cleared away, the boy had vanished.

"Fred, you next," the plump woman said but he hadn't noticed as he looked across the train station at the girl who was seemed to be scolding her pocket, he watched her with a grin on his face, he was intrigued, and he did find the fact that she was scolding her pocket, quite amusing "come on Fred" she repeated and he snapped out of his trance

"I'm not Fred, I'm George," said the boy quickly. "Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother? Can't you tell I'm George?"

"Sorry, George, dear." The woman says and looks at her two twins in slight embarrassment, though she was used to getting it wrong

"Only joking, I am Fred," said the boy, and off he went, he sent a quick look towards Artemis and they made eye contact again. His twin had noticed this and called after him to hurry up, and he must have done so, because a second later, he had gone. Now the third brother was walking briskly toward the barrier — he was almost there — and then, quite suddenly, he wasn't anywhere. There was nothing else for it.

"Excuse me," Harry said to the plump woman and the woman finally noticed the pair.

"Hello, dear," she said. "First time at Hogwarts? Ron's new, too. Oh Artemis, how lovely to see you again" she said and pulled the girl in for a large hug

"hi Mrs Weasley, we were wondering if you could help us onto the platform" Artemis asked the woman

"Not to worry, of course i can help" she said. "All you have to do is walk straight at the barrier between platforms nine and ten. Don't stop and don't be scared you'll crash into it, that's very important. Best do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous. Go on, go now before Ron."

"Er — okay," said Harry and he turned to give Artemis an unsure look, but she nodded her head and gestured for him to run. He pushed his trolley around and stared at the barrier. It looked very solid. He started to walk toward it. People jostled him on their way to platforms nine and ten. Harry walked more quickly. he looked worried, artemins could see it all over his face as he was leaning forward on his cart, he broke into a heavy run — the barrier was coming nearer and nearer and then he disappeared

"alright dear, you next" Molly said, and Artemis nodded and ran through, surprisingly not afraid at all, as she made it through the wall she looked around and she was on the right platform