Beater

"You're joking, that's bloody brilliant." Octavia said and pulled the girl into her side and rubbed her head harshly, making Artemis shove her off and rub her head to try and soothe the pain

"Honestly, we're so happy for you" Ophelia said with a grin on her face

"yeah when Justin had stormed over and said that he had to talk to you in private, I thought he was going to yell at you for stealing the stuff from Hooch's office, you should have seen Fred, after you left he kept going off at Cedric and telling him that it wasn't your idea and it was his, I think he may have a thing for you" Adira says with a grin and she begins to wiggle her eyebrows at Artemis who rolls her eyes and scoffs

"trust me, he doesn't" Artemis says and looks down as they continue to make their way to the Great hall

"and how do you know that huh? Did you ask him, did the weaslebee say something to you?" Octavia asked and when she finished she had a harsh look on her face "cause I swear if someone says something to you, I want you to come straight to me and I swear I'll grab their wand and shove it so far up their ass that it will touch their brain" the girls looked horrified at this but then all broke out into fits of laughter

"no of course he didn't say anything to me, he's really sweet and he was one of the few people who trusted me straight away even after they knew who I was" Artemis says with a sigh and the ghost of a small smile on her face.

It was dinnertime and they were late, but they had been excused as Justin had told miss Sprout about the news and she had kindly excused all of them including the Slytherins for being late. They pushed open the doors to the great hall and the plates were still all almost full, meaning the food had just gotten there. The eyes across the great hall all made their way to look at the girls, the girls nodded their head towards the teachers politely and then separated, the slytherins going to their table and the Hufflepuffs going to theirs.

Artemis was sitting at the Hufflepuff table with Adira, Lily and Lindsey. She had just finished telling them what had happened, including their grand plan of getting into the office, and everything that happened afterwards when she'd left the grounds with Justin Moore, the Hufflepuff team captain. Lindsey had almost choked on a piece of sausage when she heard and Lily had long forgotten the 'master piece' she was making on her plate (flattening her mash potatoes and then making faces in it with her other food)

"Beater?" Lindsey said in shock and grinned over at her friend.

"But first years never — you must be the youngest House player in about —" Lily started but Adira cut her off

"— a century," said Adira and reached over across the table and placed her hand on Lilys chin and pushed it up to close her gaping mouth "keeping your mouth open isn't the best thing to do when you're eating lils"

Artemis began placing food on her plate, "Harry's had the same luck as me, he's become the new Gryffindor seeker, I need to go over and congratulate him" Artemis said and quickly began shovelling the food into her mouth and then wiped her face with a napkin and made her way over to the Gryffindor table.

Harry grinned up at her and she sat down next to him with a proud smile on her face "Lee Jordan told me that you became Seeker, that's bloody brilliant Harry good job, im so proud of you" Artemis was amazed, impressed, and proud of him

"Thanks Artemis, I start training next week," said Harry with a wide grin on his face as his full attention was now on her "Only don't tell anyone, Wood wants to keep it a secret."

Fred and George Weasley now came into the hall, spotted Harry and Artemis, and with giant grins on their faces, they hurried over.

"Well done," said George in a low voice as he looked up at Harry "Wood told us. We're on the team too — Beaters."

"I tell you, we're going to win that Quidditch Cup for sure this year," said Fred to Harry but he kept looking towards Artemis "We haven't won since Charlie left, but this year's team is going to be brilliant. You must be good, Harry, Wood was almost skipping when he told us."

"You didn't get into too much trouble did you?" Fred asked in worry, now talking to Artemis, "I'll go talk to professor sprout or dumbledore and tell them it was me, they'll believe me i-"

"freddie, I didn't get into any trouble" Artemis said with a grin as she looked up at the red head

"What? But justin..." Geaorge spat out in confusion

"Im the new Hufflepuff beater" Artemis said with a giant grin, not being able to contain her excitement. George and Fred pulled her up out of the seat and hugged her excitedly

"that's great" Fred and George say and then pull away and let her sit down but fred lingered for another hug for a minute, missing the feeling of her small body in his arms

"Anyway, we've got to go, Lee Jordan reckons he's found a new secret passageway out of the school." George said and Fred looked upset, looking towards Artemis but nodded his head towards his twin

"Bet it's that one behind the statue of Gregory the Smarmy that we found in our first week. See you." Fred and George had hardly disappeared when someone far less welcome turned up: Malfoy, flanked by Crabbe and Goyle.

"Having a last meal, Potter? When are you getting the train back to the Muggles?" Malfoy said with a scowl on his face "and I bet you didn't get in trouble because they were to scared about your father finding out, blood traitor"

"Unlike you Malfoy, I don't go crying to my father after every little thing, now how about you and these big loafs beside you move off" Artemis growled at the boys

"You're a lot braver now that you're back on the ground and you've got your little friends with you," said Harry coolly. There was of course nothing at all little about Crabbe and Goyle, but as the High Table was full of teachers, neither of them could do more than crack their knuckles and scowl.

"I'd take you on anytime on my own," said Malfoy. "Tonight, if you want. Wizard's duel. Wands only — no contact. What's the matter? Never heard of a wizard's duel before, I suppose?" Artemis noticed the worried and confused look that had resided on Harry Potters face

"Of course he has," said Ron, wheeling around. "I'm his second, who's yours?" Malfoy looked at Crabbe and Goyle, sizing them up.

"Crabbe," he said. "Midnight all right? We'll meet you in the trophy room; that's always unlocked." When Malfoy had gone, Artemis, Ron and Harry looked at each other.

"What is a wizard's duel?" said Harry. "And what do you mean, you're my second?"

"boys I don't think that this is a good idea, its Malfoy for heavens sake, he is probably setting you up, he probably isn't even gonna show" Artemis says "and you'll get in trouble if a teacher finds you"

"It will be fine Artemis, we have to show Malfoy that he can't mess with us anymore" Ron said and then looked over at Harry "And, well, a second's there to take over if you die," said Ron casually, getting started at last on his cold pie and Artemis rolled her eyes at how blunt Ron was being and then elbowed Ron. Ron looked up to scold her but he then caught the look on Harry's face, and added quickly, "But people only die in proper duels, you know, with real wizards. The most you and Malfoy'll be able to do is send sparks at each other. Neither of you knows enough magic to do any real damage. I bet he expected you to refuse, anyway."

"And what if I wave my wand and nothing happens?" Harry says and Artemis lets out a sigh, this wasn going to end well

"Throw it away and punch him on the nose," Ron suggested.

"Excuse me." They all looked up. It was Hermione Granger.

"Can't a person eat in peace in this place?" said Ron.

"ron don't be so damn rude" Artemis scolded Ron and Hermione sent the girl a grateful look before ignoring Ron and began to speak to Harry. "I couldn't help overhearing what you and Malfoy were saying —"

"Bet you could," Ron muttered, and Artemis glared over at him.

"— and you mustn't go wandering around the school at night, think of the points you'll lose Gryffindor if you're caught, and you're bound to be. It's really very selfish of you."

"And it's really none of your business," said Harry and Artemis looked over at him, shocked.

"Good-bye," said Ron.