UP

The twins and Artemis had dung bombed snapes office and Snape came running out and spotted the two lots of red hair but fred had shoved the girl around the corner before the professor had seen her so now, they were all sharing a week of detention together.

Artemis had left the twins after thanking them for covering for her and also making her feel better and then she had run into Ron and Harry and they told her about how they were going down to see hagrid, the girl hadn't met him, she had only seen him, so she figured it would be nice to meet the kind man that Harry was so fond of

"Can I come and meet Hagrid with you?" Artemis had asked Harry and Harry was more than happy to have his two best friends coming with him to see Hagrid. At five to three they left the castle and made their way across the grounds. Hagrid lived in a small wooden house on the edge of the forbidden forest. A crossbow and a pair of galoshes were outside the front door. When Harry knocked they heard a frantic scrabbling from inside and several booming barks. Then Hagrid's voice rang out, saying, "Back, Fang — back."

Hagrid's big, hairy face appeared in the crack as he pulled the door open. "Hang on," he said. "Back, Fang." He let them in, struggling to keep a hold on the collar of an enormous black boarhound.

Artemis had grinned as she noticed the dog, it was adorable. There was only one room inside. Hams and pheasants were hanging from the ceiling, a copper kettle was boiling on the open fire, and in the corner stood a massive bed with a patchwork quilt over it. "Make yerselves at home," said Hagrid, letting go of Fang, who bounded straight at Artemis and started licking her face and she pat him happily with a giant smile on her face.

Like Hagrid, Fang was clearly not as fierce as he looked. "This is Ron and this is Artemis," Harry told Hagrid, who was pouring boiling water into a large teapot and putting rock cakes onto a plate. "Another Weasley, eh?" said Hagrid, glancing at Ron's freckles. "I spent half me life chasin' yer twin brothers away from the forest. And another Black, quite the trouble maker your father was, great company though and very fun, ive 'eard youre hanging 'round with tha Weasley twins, mus' be a real prankster like yer father" Hagrid had smiled at her and then handed out the rock cakes.

The rock cakes were shapeless lumps with raisins that almost broke their teeth, but Harry, Artemis and Ron pretended to be enjoying them as they told Hagrid all about their first lessons. Fang rested his head on Artemis's knee and drooled all over her robes, but she didn't care, she just kept on patting him. Artemis, Harry and Ron were delighted to hear Hagrid call Filch "that old git."

"An' as fer that cat, Mrs. Norris, I'd like ter introduce her to Fang sometime. D'yeh know, every time I go up ter the school, she follows me everywhere? Can't get rid of her — Filch puts her up to it." Harry told Hagrid about Snape's lesson. Hagrid, like Ron, told Harry not to worry about it, that Snape liked hardly any of the students and he had told Artemis how she was very brave and it served the professor right, said he was surprised she wasn't a Gryffindor like her father, but could see how true of heart she was and wasn't surprised that she was a loyal Hufflepuff.

"But he seemed to really hate me." Harry complained

"Rubbish!" said Hagrid. "Why should he?" Yet Harry couldn't help thinking that Hagrid didn't quite meet his eyes when he said that.

Artemis and Hagrid shared a knowing look and Hagrid knew that she was staying with Remus Lupin so he assumed that her guardian had told her all about their friends adventures when they had attended Hogwarts

"How's yer brother Charlie?" Hagrid asked Ron, trying to change the subject. "I liked him a lot — great with animals." Hagrid said and this had peaked artemis interest, she didn't get to talk to Charlie when they had met, other than saying a quick hello. While Ron told Hagrid all about Charlie's work with dragons, Artemis couldn't help but get excited