The Hogwarts Express

A scarlet steam engine was waiting next to a platform packed with people. A sign overhead said Hogwarts Express, eleven o'clock. Artemis looked behind her and saw a wrought-iron archway where the barrier had been, with the words Platform Nine and Three-Quarters on it. she had done it. Smoke from the engine drifted over the heads of the chattering crowd, while cats of every colour wound here and there between their legs. Owls hooted to one another in a disgruntled sort of way over the babble and the scraping of heavy trunks. The first few carriages were already packed with students, some hanging out of the window to talk to their families, some fighting over seats. Artemis saw Harry and quickly made her way over to him

"We did it" Harry said to the girl with a big grin on his face and she grinned back "I'm harry by the way

"Hey Harry, I'm Artemis Black, come on, let's make our way over onto the train" She said to the boy and started to push her cart off down the platform in search of an empty seat with him following close behind her. She wasn't stupid, the second he said his name was harry she knew it was harry potter, she felt sick to her stomach and she felt guilty, but when he didn't say anything about her last name she smiled and decided she would do whatever she could to protect this boy and make up for what her father had done, or supposedly done.

They passed a round-faced boy who was saying, "Gran, I've lost my toad again."

"Oh, Neville," he heard the old woman sigh.

A boy with dreadlocks was surrounded by a small crowd. "Give us a look, Lee, go on." The boy lifted the lid of a box in his arms, and the people around him shrieked and yelled as something inside poked out a long, hairy leg

"come on Harry, let's find a seat"

Harry and Artemis pressed on through the crowd, Artemis carefully nudging people out of the way to help harry and herself get through until she found an empty compartment near the end of the train for them to sit in. Artemis watched as Harry put Hedwig inside first and then he stepped out of the way to let Artemis put her bags in first, she thanked him and started to shove and heave her trunk toward the train door, she definitely was a strong girl but little did harry know, her bag was stacked full of contraband from joke shops and full of treats and she was only 11 years old. She lifted it up the steps but could hardly raise one end and just as she was about to drop it, someone had grabbed the bag from her.

"Want a hand?" It was one of the red-haired twins and as she turned to look at him she looked into his eyes again and she knew that it was Fred, the twin that she constantly made eye contact with.

"Yes, please," Artemis said softly and stepped out of the way and the boy suddenly realised just how heavy the bag was as he too struggled to lift it. "Oy, George! C'mere and help!" With the twins' help, Artemis's trunk was at last tucked away in a corner of the compartment and then they even helped Harry with his luggage and tucked it next to hers.

"Thanks a lot" Artemis said with a grin and Harry nodded his head in agreeance"Thanks," said Harry, pushing his hair out of his eyes.

"What's that?" said Fred suddenly, pointing at Harry's lightning scar, his eyes had a curious, yet mischievous glint in them.

"Blimey," said the other George as he got closer to the young boy to get a better look. "Are you — ?"

"Give the boy some space why don't you, you look like a bunch of chickens eyeing a cob of corn, Merlin" Artemis said to the twins and they grinned at her and then Fred got even closer to Harry just to push the girls buttons

"He is," said Fred with a large grin "Aren't you?" he added to Harry, who looked like he had absolutely no idea what the hell they were talking about and Artemis had to try hard not to laugh at the look oon the young boys face as it got more pale by the second.