Gryffindor Vs Slytherin Game 2

Lee Jordan was finding it difficult not to take sides. "So — after that obvious and disgusting bit of cheating —"

"Jordan!" growled Professor McGonagall.

"I mean, after that open and revolting foul —"

"Jordan, I'm warning you —"

"All right, all right. Flint nearly kills the Gryffindor Seeker, which could happen to anyone, I'm sure, so a penalty to Gryffindor, taken by Spinnet, who puts it away, no trouble, and we continue play, Gryffindor still in possession." The crowd watched Harry dodge an incoming bludger and then his broom gave a sudden, frightening lurch and the crowd let out a large gasp. They watched as he gripped the broom tightly with both his hands and knees. It happened again. It was as though the broom was trying to buck him off. But Nimbus Two Thousands did not suddenly decide to buck their riders off.

They watched as Harry tried to turn back toward the Gryffindor goalposts but his broom was completely out of his control. He couldn't turn it. He couldn't direct it at all. It was zigzagging through the air, and every now and then making violent swishing movements that almost unseated him. Artemis had her hands to her mouth in fear

"someone needs to stop the game and help him" she cried out in worry

Lee was still commentating. "Slytherin in possession — Flint with the Quaffle — passes Spinnet — passes Bell — hit hard in the face by a Bludger, hope it broke his nose — only joking, Professor — Slytherins score — oh no . . ." The Slytherins were cheering.

It was carrying him slowly higher, away from the game, jerking and twitching as it went. His broom had started to roll over and over, with him only just managing to hold on. Then the whole crowd gasped. Harry's broom had given a wild jerk and Harry swung off it. He was now dangling from it, holding on with only one hand.

"Did something happen to it when Flint blocked him?" Lindsey whispered in worry and shock.

"Can't have," Adira and Artemis both said, their voice shaking, their eyes full of fear. "Nothing can interfere with a broomstick except powerful Dark magic — no kid could do that to a Nimbus Two Thousand."

Harrys broom was vibrating so hard, it was almost impossible for him to hang on much longer. The whole crowd was on its feet, watching, terrified, as the Weasleys flew up to try and pull Harry safely onto one of their brooms, but it was no good — every time they got near him, the broom would jump higher still. Artemis wanted nothing more than to get on a broom and fly up there and help him.

The twins dropped lower and circled beneath him, obviously hoping to catch him if he fell. Marcus Flint seized the Quaffle and scored five times without anyone noticing. They watched for a few minutes in worry, there was nothing that they could do and then suddenly, up in the air, Harry was suddenly able to clamber back on to his broom.

"thank Helga" Artemis said and the smile made it back onto her face as she watch as Harry was speeding toward the ground when the crowd saw him clap his hand to his mouth as though he was about to be sick — he hit the field on all fours — coughed — and something gold fell into his hand.

"I've got the Snitch!" he shouted, waving it above his head, and the game ended in complete confusion but Artemis was cheering loudly.

"He didn't catch it, he nearly swallowed it," Flint was still howling twenty minutes later, but it made no difference — Harry hadn't broken any rules and Lee Jordan was still happily shouting the results — Gryffindor had won by one hundred and seventy points to sixty.

Artemis pushed her way through the crowd and waited outside the Gryffindor tent for the boys and girls to come out. Finally she spotted the Weasley twins but she couldn't see harry anywhere

"where did Harry go?" Artemis asked the boys in confusion and Fred looked disappointed

"with Hagrid somewhere" Fred said and didn't look at her

"you two did great, you could make a career out of this if you wanted too, you were bloody brilliant, your whole team was" Artemis said with a proud grin and Fred finally grinned down at her

"thanks artie" both of the twins say and grin widely at her and then they make their way back to the castle to celebrate the Gryffindors win