waking her for cuddles

The feeling of waking up with goosebumps crawling along your skin from the cold air and the emptiness without Camila's arms around you was a little too familiar since she first left for tour almost two long months ago.

However, tonight was different. This time, when you woke up, she was there with you. She must've rolled around in the middle of the night and let go of you in her sleep. You rolled over and thanks to the moonlight coming through the window, you could see her face. She slept peacefully; looking like an angel right there beside you.

With her hair all messy, spread out across the pillowcase, and her lips parted to let the small snores fall from her lips. You put your hand on her arm and although she didn't wake up, she still cracked a smile at your touch.

It was heartwarming to see. You've missed that smile so much and you've missed her. It was all so overwhelming now that she's finally home; but in the best way possible.

You moved your hand and went to roll into her arms but just as you tried to, she rolled over onto her stomach. Your heart dropped for a second. You hoped you could just sneak into her embrace, simply roll into her arms without waking her. But now, that's clearly not an option.

You didn't want to wake her. You know she's gotta be so tired after touring each night without only a day of rest here and there. She's been so busy and you wanted her to get her sleep without any disturbances.

But you were a little cold and after being out of her arms for so long, you feel as though you need them around you now. You needed the warmth and comfort her embrace gives you; the warmth and comfort you've been missing while she was away.

You put your hand on her back and she jumped at your sudden touch. She let a few soft sounds fall from her lips and moved a little, but didn't awake. You brushed your fingertips along her skin and she soon lifted her head from the pillow and looked around the room, confused.

"Camila?"

"Hm? Y/n?"

"Yeah." You whispered. "I'm sorry I woke you. I know you're exhausted. But I can't sleep. I woke up and you weren't holding me and I've missed that so I was wondering if we could,"

"cuddle?" She finished for you, mumbling sleepily. She watched you nod your head before she rolled onto her back and pulling you into her arms. She sighed and rubbed your back comfortingly, feeling you relax at her touch and into her arms.

"I love you so much." She said. "Are you feeling okay now?"

"Yeah. I feel better now that you're holding me again." You said, tangling your legs with hers. "Thank you."

"Anything for my girl." She said, sleepy smile tugging at her lips. "I've missed you so much. Always happy to cuddle you. Now go back to sleep. I've got you."

You just let out a contented sigh and drifted off to sleep in her arms once again.