you get bit by a shark - part two (requested)

Camila was overwhelmed. The nurses wouldn't let her go back with you and it made her feel as though everything was spiraling out of control.

She couldn't get the image of you looking so weak out of her head. She'd never seen someone lose so much color to their skin and so much blood so fast.

She was breaking. She needed to know if you were gonna be okay, but no one was willing to tell her anything and it made her fall to her knees on the floor outside your room as she sobbed.

She didn't really know how much time had passed by but the sound of the door to your room opening broke her out of her trance.

"Camila?" The doctor sat down next to her. He could see the tear stains on her cheeks, her eyes red and her cheeks puffy, indicating that she'd been crying the entirety of the time he was in there taking care of you.

"Is she gonna be okay?" Camila needed to know. Every other detail could wait until she got that confirmation from him that you would be fine. "Please tell me she's gonna be okay." The doctor squeezed her shoulder and nodded his head. "She's gonna be alright."

Camila threw her head back and let out a huge breath of relief. Her tears now turning to relief instead of sadness and worry like they were just minutes ago. "She's gonna need to take it easy for a bit. We had to give her a lot of stitches, but she's okay. She just needs time to rest and heal."

Camila sniffled and wiped the tears from her eyes. "She's asking for you." He said with a smile and with one more squeeze of her shoulder and a promise of coming back to check on you in a little while, he walked away to give Camila a few minutes alone with you.

She took a deep breath and opened the door. There you laid on the bed with your hand outstretched for her as soon as you heard her open the door. "Camila..." you smiled sleepily at her and she ran right over to you. "Oh, baby. How are you feeling? Are you hurting?"

You shook your head. "I'm alright." You felt her squeeze your hand. You could see the tears on her cheeks. "Baby, don't cry. I'm okay." She sniffled and let out a little chuckle when you wiped them away from her cheeks. "I know, I was just so worried about you. You were in so much pain and it hurt to see you like that..."

You brought her hand to your lips and peppered it with kisses. "I know. But you stayed by my side the whole time. I was worried and scared but you held my hand and never let go of me when I needed you the most. You helped me more than you know." You tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear.

"I don't know what I'd ever do without you." She kissed your forehead softly. "You don't ever have to worry about that. I'm not going anywhere. I love you so much."