you're sick

You groaned as the tickle in your throat returned. You've been sick and miserable since you woke up this morning. You've tried falling back asleep but you've been so miserable it's like you can't sleep.

All day long you've been coughing and sneezing. Your nose is either constantly stuffy, runny, or both, and it's starting to hurt to cough, but it's as though you can't stop. Your fever was high but you were freezing cold, curled up under three different blankets as you shivered.

Camila walked back in the bedroom with a cold bottle of water in her hands. She sat down next to you on the edge of the bed, running her hand across your face to feel if your fever has gotten worse and she immediately felt that it has. "Here baby, you need to drink some water. You gotta stay hydrated." She put the water bottle to your lips and rubbed a hand over your arm as you took a few slow sips, the cold water hitting the back of your sore throat providing a few short seconds of relief. "You okay angel? Do you want me to take you to the doctors?"

Before you could answer her, you felt the urge to cough again and you sat up on the bed. Your chest hurt as you coughed, every second of it seeming to be worse than the last. Once you stopped you laid back down, trying to take a few breaths. You shook your head at Camila, your respone to her question clearly not the one she was hoping for since all she did was sigh sadly.

"Okay. Do you want some soup or anything? Maybe the broth will help your throat." You closed your eyes as her fingertips pushed away some hair that was sticking to your forehead. "In a few. Just wanna cuddle for now." Your voice was scratchy and hoarse but Camila still understood you. She laid down on her side of the bed before pulling you in her arms and letting you rest your head on her shoulder. "Try to sleep y/n."

Sleep felt impossible but when Camila started rubbing your back you started to feel relaxed. She kissed your warm forehead and watched your eyes slip shut. She could tell just how miserable you were feeling and she knew that if you felt worse after you woke up, she was gonna take you to the doctors. She just wished you felt better.