she can't sleep

Camila kept tossing and turning next to you in bed. She's trying hard to stay still and quiet to keep from waking you, but she's finding it difficult.

It's already after four in the morning. She woke up about an hour ago and now she can't seem to fall back asleep, no matter what she tries.

She groaned and kicked the covers off. In the midst of her frustration, she woke you up. You put your hand on her side and she turned her head to look at you. "I'm sorry y/n, did I wake you?" She wrapped her arms around you as you put your head on her chest.

"Yeah but it's okay. Why are you awake? It's after four am." She whined and ran her hands across her face. "I know. I can't sleep." You pressed your lips to her collarbone and started to move your hand up and down her side. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

She felt your fingernails lightly brush along her skin and she let out a little sigh. "Can you keep doing that? And maybe you could sing a little to me?" You let out a nervous chuckle.

You're not a singer. It's not something you think you're very good at. But she always sings to you, so you figured it was only fair you did the same for her.

You started to sing one of 'your song' to her. You kept your voice quiet but soft, your touch light but soothing. And it was the perfect combination to help her feel completely at ease.

She felt her eyes grow heavy. She let them close when it became too much to keep them open. "I love you a lot. You know that?" She mumbled into her pillow and you leaned in to give her a little kiss on her head. "Love you too, baby."

You saw her smile a little before it started to fall as she drifted off to sleep.

You kept singing for a few more minutes though until you knew she was really asleep.

You pulled your hand away and left a little kiss on her cheek before putting your head back on your pillow and wrapping your arms around her as you started to fall back asleep, content with knowing that Camila is now sound asleep and getting the rest she deserves.