welcome to the family (requested)

You opened the front door just a crack and peeked inside to see if Camila was in the room before you stepped inside fully.

You carefully stepped through the house and tried to hurry up the stairs but the sound of Camila's voice coming from behind you foiled your plan. "Y/n?"

You tried to wrap your hoodie tighter around you, but it only made what you were hiding more obvious.

"What are you doing? What do you have in there?" She wondered with a slight chuckle.

"N-Nothing!"

You faked smiled and Camila saw right through it. But before she could ask any questions, a tiny bark sounded through the room. She furrowed her eyebrows and two more barks followed. "Your hoodie barks now?"

You kissed your teeth before unzipping your hoodie revealing the tiny puppy that you had been hiding. Camila cooed at him and excitedly took the few steps closer to get to him. "Oh! Where'd you find him?"

"In the field nearby."

Camila frowned at your answer. "Baby, someone might be looking for him." She brushed her fingers through the puppy's dirty and mangled fur. She realized that the puppy had most likely been abandoned or wandered away judging by how filthy and hungry it looked.

"He doesn't even have a collar." You muttered with a tiny pout on your lips. "Can we keep him? Please, Camila?"

She sighed, looking between the both of you before shrugging your shoulders. "Well, how could I say no to that adorable face?" She cooed as she gazed into your eyes.

"Thank you, baby."

She furrowed her eyebrows and looked back at the puppy. "Not you, silly girl! I was talking about the puppy."

You rolled your eyes but laughed against her lips when she kissed you and whispered a soft apology into the kiss. "So?" You asked hopefully. You needed to make sure that the puppy that was nestled against you was really about to be yours.

"Alright, baby girl. We can keep him."

You squealed excitedly and gave her a kiss. You then looked at the puppy with eyes full of joy. He barked happily and started to wag his tail before he licked your chin making you burst with laughter. Camila stood back with a bright smile on her face.

"Well, welcome to the family, little buddy," Camila mumbled to the dog and pet his soft fur only to be attacked with kisses in return.

And to think, this was only the very beginning of the joy you'd be feeling with this little puppy for years to come.