you have an anxiety attack

It was a beautiful day outside and Camila suggested going for a walk. You were walking along, hand in hand, talking about what else you should do today when you heard a few screams from across the street.

A few young girls ran over to you and Camila and you knew right away that they were fans. You stepped back to let them have a few minutes with Camila but before you knew it more people were running over to Camila and they were crowding around you.

One girl had shoved you to try to get closer to Camila and it all suddenly became too much. You couldn't breathe and you felt like your knees were gonna give out from underneath you. You saw a bench nearby and you walked over to it. You covered your ears to block out the noise as your heart started to pound and the horrible feeling of dread washed over as you, as though something bad was gonna happen.

You jumped when a hand touched your shoulder. A pair of hands grabbed yours and moved them from your ears down to your lap and when you opened your eyes you saw that it was Camila. "It's okay. I'm here now, i've got you." You grabbed her hands and squeezed them as hard as you could. "Too many people. I couldn't breathe." Camila nodded her head and let go of one of your hands to move some hair behind your ear. She then moved her hand to your shoulder where she ran her hand up and down your arm.

"You're safe y/n, i'm here with you. I won't let anything happen to you, I promise." You gasped for air as the anxiety attack reached its worst. Camila squeezed your hand, promising you that everything would be okay, but you couldn't shake that awful feeling at the pit of your stomach that something bad was gonna happen.

"Nothing's gonna happen darlin', I promise." Your eyes met hers and soon enough the tears started to fall. Camila wiped them away and pressed kisses to your forehead. "Just breathe, baby, i'm here with you. You're safe, I promise you that." You closed your eyes and focused on your breathing.

Soon enough you felt like you could breathe again. Camila brushed her thumb across your bottom lip, telling you to release it from your teeth, and you hadn't even noticed you were biting it. You opened your eyes when it felt like it had passed over. Camila smiled at you and brought your hand to her lips. "You doing okay? Feeling better?" You could only nod, but that was enough for Camila.

She helped you stand up a couple minutes later and you walked home together where you spend the day curled up to her side watching movies and eating takeout, which is the best way to spend the day with her.