you get bit by a shark (requested)

You looked out at the water in awe. You've always loved to swim and the beach has become your place.

Excitedly, you tugged on Camila's only for her to groan. "If you don't mind I'd rather stay here and relax for a bit." She watched your smile fall and a sad expression appear on your face. "But why don't you go, baby? Go have fun. I'll come to join you in just a few minutes, okay?" She cupped your chin and brushed your cheek with her thumb, watching as your smile returned.

"You don't mind?" She shook her head and you gave her a quick kiss before running out to the water. Camila just shook her head with a smile and laid her towel on the sand. She put her phone down and played some music quietly, deciding to just get some sun for a few before she'd join you.

You spent the next twenty minutes just swimming around and watching all the families have a good time in the water.

You suddenly felt something bump your knee. You winced as a slight pain washed over you. You didn't think too much of it until you felt it again a few seconds later and looked around to find the fin pointing out of the water.

Before you could scream you got pulled under. You felt the pain in your leg this time and it was much worse than the last.

Your head started to spin but your body soon went into fight or flight mode and you were determined to get out of there. You reached forward and started to poke at its eye, not caring about anything else but getting out of the water and to Camila.

You hit it harder and it let you go. You got up for some air and started to swim out as fast as you could, but your leg was hurting so bad the pain was almost unbearable.

Your vision started to turn fuzzy and you felt a hand on your back. You turned your head to find a man grabbing you and quickly pulling you to shore. He kept asking you questions like what your name was and if you came with anyone, but you felt weak and you couldn't seem to get any words out of your mouth.

Everything went black and the man panicked when you went limp in his arms. He yelled out for help catching the attention of a few strangers, and Camila.

Camila got up from her towel and jogged over to where she could see someone being pulled out of the water and she felt like throwing up when she got closer and realized that it was you.

"Y/n!" She yelled and raced over to you. Strangers were surrounding you, people on their phones to call for an ambulance. She pushed her way through the crowd and sat beside you. "Y/n? What happened?" She stroked your cheek, tears welling up in her eyes at the sight of you unresponsive.

She looked down and saw the wound on your leg. You were bleeding badly and it was making her dizzy. She knew what had happened right then and there.

She kept stroking your cheek and watched your eyes flutter open a few minutes later. "Camila?" She shushed you softly and watched you take in your surroundings. You saw people looking down at your leg and out of curiosity you tried to glance down at it too, but Camila stopped you.

She cupped your chin in her hand and made sure to keep your gaze locked with hers. "No, don't look, baby. Keep looking at me, right at me. Keep looking right in my eyes."

You sniffled and started to assume the worst. You remembered the shark and you couldn't stop your anxious brain from jumping to the worst conclusions.

"Camila?" She tried to blink her tears away and stay strong for you. "Yeah, darling?" You closed your eyes and groaned out in pain. "It hurts really bad." She wiped a tear from your cheek and pressed her lips to your forehead. Her nose bumped across your skin and she wiped a tear from her cheek before it could fall. "I know. I'm sorry. Just keep hanging on for me."

You nodded your head but you were feeling weak. Your eyes drooped a little just as the ambulance pulled up. Paramedics rushed over to you and quickly wrapped something around your leg to stop the bleeding.

They put you on the stretcher and Camila didn't waste a single second running behind them.

She got in the ambulance with you and held your hand the whole way. "Camila?" She could feel your grip loosening a little and she bit her lip, fearing the worst. "Yeah, darling?" You opened your eyes a little and stared deeply into her big brown ones. You could see the tears in her eyes and it broke your heart because you knew there was no way you could stop them.

"I love you." You said softly, needing her to know as you began to feel weaker. "I love you too. We're almost there, can you please hang on? For me, please, y/n." She cried as your eyes closed and your hand went limp.

She didn't know what would happen from that moment on, but she was hoping and praying you'd be okay. She hoped you'd pull through because she'd never be able to make it without you. And whatever she'd have to do to keep you here with her, she was gonna do in a heartbeat.