lucky (requested)

"Babe," You groaned as you shook Camila's shoulder. "Camila, wake up. They're crying again."

Camila couldn't continue to try and sleep through the sound of the baby's cries from across the hall even if she wanted to.

It was not only too loud but also too heartbreaking to try and block out.

So, with tired eyes, you both got out of bed and walked across the hall to the nursery where your little girl and boy sleep.

You quickly picked your little girl up in your arms while Camila did the same with your little boy and you immediately began to try and bring them some comfort.

"It's alright. I'm here." You whispered against your little girl's head.

Camila began to walk around part of the room, holding your son close to her chest as she watched you from afar.

As hard as it is to fight through how exhausted you and Camila are mentally and physically, you both agree that it's so worth it.

This is what you've both been dreaming of from the day you tied the knot, which was about a year ago.

You knew from the start that you both wanted to have a family but neither of you felt sure about the ways that you or her could get pregnant. The options were limited for obvious reasons and they seemed a little intimidating and scary.

So you both came to an agreement that you would adopt instead.

And about two weeks ago, that came true.

But it became very apparent that you wanted different things.

You wanted a girl while Camila wanted a boy.

And after finding out that two infant siblings were in need of a home, you decided to adopt both of them to give them the home and life they deserve.

There isn't a minute that goes by that you're not showering them with love.

Everyone around you and Camila has said that you're the most amazing parents they've ever seen and while that means a lot to the two of you, the ones you want to hear that from one day are your babies.

It's been a lot of adjusting to the lack of sleep and all of the other things that come along with having two one-month-old babies but it's so, so worth it.

Camila leaned down to kiss your son's head softly and there was a tug at her heart as he made a couple of soft, quiet sounds while falling back asleep.

She gently placed him back in his crib and, for a second, she just stood over him.

Brushing her fingers across his arm, she almost felt like crying over how full of love her heart was for her little family.

But the sound of you continuing to shush your little girl as you pace around the room while she whimpers caught her attention.

"Oh, honey, what is it?" Camila quietly spoke to the little girl in your arms as she came to your side. "Is someone sleepy? Here, baby, let me get her."

You carefully handed her over to Camila and your lips tugged into a tired smile as you listened to her quietly sing to your daughter.

"Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high," Camila sang quietly. "There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby."

Your daughter quieted as she fell asleep against Camila's chest, tiny hands clutching at her shirt as Camila hummed and kissed your baby softly.

"Perfect, isn't she?" You asked as you watched Camila lay the baby in her crib ever so gently.

"She is," Camila said, marveling over the two babies that she loves so much as she watched them sleep.

"I was talking about you, actually." You said. "Sometimes, I say that in my head and other times it just spills from my lips."

Camila looked at you and sent you a beautiful smile.

"Life is so good." She said as you put your head on her shoulder. "Look how lucky we are. We were so lucky to have fallen in love with each other and now we have two perfect little babies. They're angels and we're the ones that are lucky enough to be able to raise them and love them."

"They are. I'm so happy." You said, breathing out a long and contented breath.

"I know we've got a whole lifetime ahead of us with these two but someday, I think we should adopt more. Maybe, some older kids that need a new beginning and a better life, which is something that we can give them for certain. What do you think about that?"

You chuckled quietly before gazing at Camila through the moonlight coming through the curtains, swearing that, despite how sleep-deprived she is, she's never looked more beautiful as she glows with happiness and beauty.

"I think we have our hands full for now but one day, I'd love that so much." You said. "I'm just so happy that we found these two sweet babies a home. We can give them all the love and happiness that they deserve. I want them to be spoiled with toys and games and an endless amount of love and hugs. I want them to follow their hearts and their dreams. I want them to be themselves and know that they're loved for it and I want them to know that they can always come to us."

"Me too." She agreed, pulling you into her arms. "By the way, you're the most amazing mom in the world."

"No, darling. We are." You said as you took her hands into yours, squeezing them. "You're an amazing mom too and our babies are going to adore you when they grow up just as much as they adore you right now, and almost as much as I adore you."

"Well, I'm in no hurry for them to grow up." She said as she put her head on yours. "I want to cherish every day with our beautiful, growing family."

"I feel the same way." You softly spoke before kissing her lips softly. "I love you."

"I love you more."

You shared a few soft, sweet kisses before pulling back.

"I'm tired. We should get to sleep before they decide to wake up again."

She giggled before bringing you into her arms for a hug.

"Okay. Sweet dreams, angels." Camila quietly spoke as you walked out of the room together and returned to bed, where you cuddled each other closely and thanked all of your lucky stars for the beautiful family that you share with your amazing wife.