you're scared of the dark (requested)

Your head was on Camila's shoulder while she held you close in her arms. You felt so content and so comfortable that you were slowly drifting off to sleep, even as your favorite movie played.

But all of that disappeared when the power flicked off just a few split seconds later.

You jumped up instantly and it felt like your heart was in your throat. You could hear it pounding in your ears as you started to tremble with fear.

Camila pushed the curtain open and saw the wind blowing fast as the rain began to pour. "It's a storm," she mumbled, completely unaware that you were starting to panic. "D-Do you think the power will come back on soon?" You stuttered out, your voice very obviously filled with fear as it trembled and your hands shook.

"I'm not sure, honey." She reached for your hand with a small smile but it fell when she felt how badly your hand was shaking. "You're shaking..." she whispered as she wrapped her fingers around yours and held them tight. "Are you scared of storms?"

You shook your head and bit your lip with a frown. "No... I'm scared of the dark." Camila put her other hand on your shoulder and rubbed it soothingly. "Why didn't you tell me?" You shrugged and turned your cheek only for Camila to cup it in her palm and turn it back to her. "It just never really came up, and I don't really like people knowing."

Camila's heart broke at the sight of you looking so shaken up and so afraid. She wrapped her arms around you and felt your heart racing in your chest and the storm that was raging outside became the least of her concern because all she could think about was you.

"Don't be scared. I'm here with you, okay? I've got you." She kissed the top of your head before standing up. You grabbed her wrist as your heart practically stopped. "W-Where are you going?"

She gave your hand a gentle and reassuring squeeze. "I'm gonna be right back. I'm just gonna go grab some candles."  You glanced towards the kitchen and let go of her wrist.

She returned a minute later with a few candles in her hands and a lighter. She put them down on the table and lit a few of them before looking back at you. "Better?" You climbed on her lap and wrapped your arms around her. "Better. But still, don't let go of me."

She smiled softly and started to stroke your back when she saw her laptop from the corner of her eye. "I have an idea." She said as she reached for it. "I should still have a few hours of battery life on this. Wanna watch a movie?" You nodded and she let you choose the movie before pulling you back against her chest.

She wrapped a fluffy blanket that usually hung over the back of the couch over you and dropped a few kisses to your head. And there, at that moment, you felt safer than ever, despite the circumstances.

You knew that as long as you had Camila, nothing could ever hurt you.