you have a nightmare

You sat up in bed gasping for air as beads of sweat rolled down your skin. You felt Camila's hand on your back and she was rubbing soothing circles on your skin while you tried to catch your breath. "Y/n are you okay?" You turned your head, her face barely visible in the dark room but you knew she was concerned about you.

She woke up a few minutes ago to you tossing and turning on the bed. your back was arched and you were whimpering, pleading and begging for whatever it was in your nightmare to just leave you alone. "I think so." Camila gently pushed you on your back and laid on her side next to you. She started to run her fingers up and down your arm.

She saw your tears starting to fall again as a wave of anxiety rushed through you. "Oh baby..." she pressed some kisses to your cheeks and let her thumb brush away your tears, running them under your eyes, softly and comfortingly. "Wanna talk about it? It might make you feel better, honey." She cooed but when you started to sob again she pulled you into her embrace, her hands sneaking under your back and her face nuzzled in your neck as she kissed your skin.

"I don't want to." You sobbed and she just nodded, not wanting to work you up even more than you already were. "Okay, that's okay. You don't have to, baby." She muttered as she laid down next to you and pulled you to her chest. Your head landed on her shoulder and you focused on taking some deep breaths as Camila held you close and whispered comforting words in your ear.

It took awhile for you to calm down; for the anxiety that lingered and the flashbacks of the nightmare that just wouldn't leave your mind to go away, but they eventually did. Camila was still awake, holding you in her arms and pressing kisses to your head. "I love you" you whispered, a simple reminder but you needed her to know it. She did, though. She knew, but the words still made her smile like they do everytime you say them. "I love you too. I love you so much."

She could tell you were sleepy, but you were fighting it, as if you were afraid that if you fell back asleep your nightmare would either come true or come back. "You can go back to sleep beautiful. I'll be right here holding you the whole time. If you need anything i'll be right here. I won't let anything hurt you." You smiled a little, because you know you're always safe with Camila.

So you closed your eyes and slowly fell back asleep while Camila held you close, making sure you knew she was right there with you by rubbing your back and telling you how much she loved you, whispering it quietly in the dark room; because she does, so much. More than you could ever know. And she'll never let anything hurt you.