she comes home from tour on your birthday

You watched your friends head out the door before you closed and locked it behind them.

It's your birthday but possibly your worst one yet. Your friends came over and you simply spent the evening on the couch, crying on their shoulders.

Not only was Camila not there for your birthday. She hadn't even called or FaceTimed you to wish you a happy birthday. You've sent her text after text. you've left her voicemail after voicemail. But still, nothing.

You pulled your knees up to your chest and turned on reruns of the office, trying to cheer yourself up somehow. But there was suddenly a knock on the door. You looked around the living room to see if maybe one of your friends had left something behind by accident, but there was nothing.

It's almost ten o'clock so you're not really sure who would be dropping by for a random visit at this time. You opened your front door, ready to tell whoever it was to just go away, but the words disappeared because standing right in front of you was Camila.

"Hey, babe," she said and then started to laugh as you threw your arms around her. "Oh, how I've missed you! I'm so sorry I didn't call or text you I just knew that I'd blurt it out that I was on my way here if I did."

You pulled away from the hug and shook your head. "It's okay. You're here, that's what matters most to me." You said as you caressed her face and then pressed your lips to hers. She closed the door with her foot as she continued to kiss you passionately.

But the sound of a plastic bag rustling made you pull back. You saw something in her hands so you looked back at her with furrowed brows. "What's that?"

"Only your favorite!" She said gleefully and took you by your hand to lead you to the couch. She sat down next to you and pulled out a cupcake from your favorite bakery. She placed a candle in the center and lit it before holding it out for you.

"Make a wish, beautiful girl."

You thought about it for a second before closing your eyes and blowing out the candle. Camila cheered happily and then took out the candle before passing it to you so you could start eating it. But, of course, you shared a little of it with her, too.

"Happy birthday, my love. I'm sorry I wasn't here for part of it but I still hope I made it somewhat great." She brushed her thumb under your lips as she gazed into your bright eyes.

You leaned forward and gave her a kiss. "You did. Thank you."

You put your head on her shoulder, feeling so happy and so thankful that she made it home for your special day. It's all you really wanted.