|53|

I shut my hair curler off, running my fingers through my hair to allow the curls to loosen up and fall from being so tight. My father is in the city for the weekend and he wants to meet for dinner tonight. I was extremely glad it was Friday when I woke up to his message, I didn't have any classes to to lose focus in thinking about dinner tonight.

  Even after making up with him weeks ago, I'm still nervous to see him. I mean I haven't had a real conversation with my father in years, besides the one we had when he was last here in NewYork. Nonetheless I'm still excited to see him which is unusual, but I'm hoping he may be able to shoot me some ideas for my project for Mr. Douglas.

  My father was a lawyer before he retired, but he had always had this obsession with war and history. He's a really smart man to tell you the truth, and maybe if I get a chance to ask him, he'll be happy to help.

  I'm completely stuck on what to do for Mr. Douglas. I know little to nothing about war in general, let alone a Scottish war that I barely knew even happened. Which is probably my fault due to the lack of attention I pay in class. Regardless, I'm hoping my dad will know something that can boosts my confidence with this piece.

  Like always, my makeup is minimal and I chose to wear a black skirt, paired with a brown oversized sweater I took from Harry and my doc martens that are Chelsea boot style. My dad was the one who made reservations and he simply just told me to wear something casual. So I hope this is fine.

  I still haven't seen much of Harry since he stopped in at my work on Monday to see me, but since then, he's been sort of in his own world. I understand that he's busy with trying to catch up with school, so I haven't thought much about it. And if anything, it's probably good that he has time by himself, he's got a lot to finish and with May just around the corner, he doesn't have much time.

  And maybe tonight it'll be a good opportunity to bring him up to my dad. Now that we have sort of passed the whole 'me hating him' situation, I can see Harry and him getting along well. But I want to restore our relationship before anything else happens. I know there's a lot to be discussed between my father and I, so maybe I should wait to say anything about my relationship with Harry.

  And Harry has no idea I'm meeting my dad, I haven't gotten a chance to catch him up with what's happened since the small break we had while he was recovering. I don't blame it on him, I've talked to Bryson about it so it's not like it's something I need off my chest. I just think it would be something he'd like to know.

  I put on a coat of lipgloss before I shut the lights of my bathroom off and wander around my apartment, finding my keys and phone on the way before I leave.

  It takes me about fifteen minutes to get to the restaurant, but I see my father waiting for me outside when I climb out of my car. He stands tall, just like Harry, and his hair is combed back and is grown out, giving it a flow style. It suits him and makes him look younger.

  "Hey, Luck. Was the drive okay?" He asks when I reach him, his arm wrapping around me in a side hug. I nod my head easily, glancing up at him.

  "It was fine." I breathe, my father nodding slowly as he gestures for me to sit on the long wooden bench. I notice the buzzer in his hand, signaling he's already got us on the waiting list for a table. "Did you come straight from Nantucket?" I ask him, lightly bouncing my legs from the coolness of the weather.