| 9 |

A harsh kink in my back causes me to groan, twisting onto my side but my movement is blocked. Why does my whole body ache right now? I flutter my tired eyes open, realizing I'm on my couch, accompanied by Harry.

My eyes practically jump out of my head at the sight. My back is to the couch back and Harry is basically halfway off the couch, his left leg wrapped over both of mine with his arms bent up between us.

I sit, up trying my best not to wake him up but just as I move, his eyes snap open. I allow myself to fully sit up, watching as Harry does the same, looking like he's about to flip a casket.

"What the fuck." He breathes, standing up as he runs his fingers through his hair, looking around my apartment until he finally looks at me, his jaw clenching so hard it looks like his teeth are going to break.

"Harry." I mumble.

"I'm such a fucking idiot." He mutters to himself, patting down his pockets, obviously looking for something.

"Behind you." I point to his cigarettes, phone and keys all piled on the coffee table. He snatches the cigarettes and lighter before he walks over to my balcony, that I've used maybe twice, and steps outside.

I frown to myself as I stretch my limbs out, standing from the couch and pulling my hair up into a half ass bun before I slowly make my way out to the balcony.

His back is turned to me and he stands with his elbows leaned on the railing, wearing his black jeans and grey crewneck from last night.

I slide the door open and step out into the cold air, closing the door behind me before crossing my arms over my chest and slowly approaching the railing.

"Are you pissed?" I ask, hesitantly looking over at him. His cheeks are hollowed as he sucks in a large breath of smoke, his eyes closed as he pulls the cigarette from his lips, the smoke slowly seeping from his mouth.

"Clover." He speaks deeply and slowly, his eyes opening as he turn to look at me. "I don't understand why you waste your time on me."

"Harry—" I start but he shakes his head and cuts me off.

"Let me talk." He says lowly. "I'm not someone you need to associate yourself with and I sure as hell don't want to be associated with you." He hisses bitterly, tossing his cigarette off the balcony and turning away, moving back inside, leaving me to follow.

"Why are you being such a dick?" I ask, closing the door behind me and watching as he snatches his keys and phone.

"When will you realize I want you to leave me the fuck alone, Clover?!" He snaps back loudly, spinning around to stare at me harshly.

"You showed up here last night on your own!" I shout back.

"Yeah, big fucking mistake on my part." He seethes. I stare at him with furrowed eyebrows, my arms crossed tightly over my chest as I shake my head at him.

"That's what you want, for me to leave you alone?" I question, straightening my posture as I watch him standing at my front door, his chest heaving up and down rapidly. "Fine."

"Good." He snaps. I shake my head as I swallow thickly, biting the inside of my cheek.

"Leave, you fucking asshole." My voice cracks at the end as I lower myself onto my couch, keeping my face forward until I hear the door open and slam closed.

I groan out into the silence of my apartment, angry tears flooding my vision as I lean my forehead into my palms, my elbows rested on my knees as I shake my head.

How can he just walk out of here after treating me like that. I realize we aren't exactly close friends but I guess after last night when he showed up, claiming that he couldn't be alone, we were getting somewhere other than two people from a café. I was very wrong.

  It's not fair. It's not fair for me to be overly nice to him and for what? To get treated like absolute dog shit? I'm over it. I'm worth more than this and being talked to like that.

  He has some fucking nerve, showing up at midnight all vulnerable and opening up to me, only to flip shit on me the next morning. I sometimes wish I was a shitty person so I could treat people they way they treat me. But I can't. And especially not Harry.

  As I pull my face away from my hands, my phone starts ringing obnoxiously somewhere around my area. I glance around before stuffing my hand into the back of the couch, tugging out the device. My dad is calling.

  "Hello?" I answer, hearing my mother's voice off in the background along with her digs annoying yapping.

  "Clover." My fathers voice sends anxious chills down my spine as I begin to pace my apartment, using my free hand to wipe the few tears that had escaped. "Nice of you to let us know you wouldn't be attending thanksgiving." He continues sarcastically.

  "Figured I wasn't welcome." I reply, shaking my head in annoyance.

  "Don't start." He snaps across the line. "Listen, I know none of us have been on the best terms lately—"

  "And whose fault is that?" I question, my father sighing over the line. I can see him stood in the kitchen with his stupid hair combed over and a stupid button up that he paid way too much money for.

  "As I was saying." He clears his throat, ignoring my obvious jab. "I don't want to fight, your mother is tired of fighting." He says lowly. I almost laugh.

  "I'm not fighting with anyone, dad. You two were the ones who made it clear that you don't support me or my future in the slightest." I snap quickly, leaning my lower back against the counter. "And I'm the only one in this situation who has a right to be upset."

  "Well it's obvious you haven't grown up at all since we've last seen you. That's a let down." He barks into the phone.

  "I'm done having this fucking conversation." I hiss back with just as much venom laced in my words than his, tugging the phone away from my ear and ending the call, my name being called from his mouth is cut off.

  Today just keeps getting worse.

Happy update! I hope this was okay, it was a little shorter than normal.

Much love
~C