| 94 |

Harry

   I roll my lips into my mouth as I stare up at Clovers apartment building, my hands resting on the top of my steering wheel, my thumbs barely tapping along to the song playing. I swallow hard, the nerves in my stomach only grow when the clock on my dash changes. Another minute closer to five, which is another hour closer to when I'll be standing in front of her father for the first time. I'm nervous, really fucking nervous. I don't know if it's the fact that her and I have been together for almost a year and I've yet to meet him, or if it's the fact that this is the first woman I've ever gotten this far with.

   Here with me by the killers continues to play softly through the car speakers, the guitar solo sending chills down my arms. A sigh slips through my lips and I glance over at the bouquet of roses sitting in Clovers spot. I know I need to go in soon, but I'm finding it difficult to get myself to move. The only thing motivating me to kill the engine of my car is the fact that Clover is upstairs getting ready, in an outfit that will in fact decide my behavior for the night. I snag the flowers, along with my keys before I step out of my car, slamming the door shut.

   I adjust the waist of my pants as I slowly make my way into the building. My feet carry me into the elevator, my eyes dropping down to my black dress shoes, butterflies assaulting my stomach as the elevator comes to a stop at the fourth floor. I glance up as the doors smoothly glide open, my strides long and paced as I move down the hallway until I find Clovers door. It's not often that I find myself struggling to walk inside, but for some reason tonight feels different. Clo and I have been through a fuck ton together, more than most couples. And compared to all of that tonight should feel like such a small step, but it doesn't. Not to me. I want everything to go perfectly.

   Before I let my mind race any further into thoughts that don't need to be thought about, I turn the door knob and I push the door open. The familiar scent of her overflows my senses, my heart hammering heavily in my chest as I allow the door to close behind me. I glance down at the pile of our shoes by the door, mixed together. The sight brings a sense of comfort to me. Seeing our things together in the same place makes me only want more. I want more than our shoes and toothbrushes. I want her throw pillows on my couch and I want my beanies mixd with hers. I want her socks to get lost with my own, I want every part of her lost with me. Always.

   "Hi, baby!" Clovers silt voice rings through my ears, forcing me out of my head. I turn around to face her fully, and the sight of her makes every single nerve in my body dissipate. Her perfect lips are parted into a smile as she stares back at me with her puppy dog eyes. She's dressed in a short black dress with long sleeves and small v-line across her chest, black tights covering her bare legs. I take my time taking in every single inch of her before I finally find her gaze again, a soft smile still gracing her lips.

   My teeth sink into my bottom lip as I stare back at her, my limbs feeling numb and too heavy to even try to move. Her eyes crinkle at the ends as she laughs softly, striding towards me, my eyes following her every move. She gently places her hands on my sides, her glassy eyes flicker up to meet mine, making it even harder to focus on the fact that we need to leave soon. My heart slams against my ribcage so harshly, I'm worried that she can hear it. The last time my heart beat this hard because of her was when I first brought her up to my apartment so she could see the Rockefeller tree better. Things were different with us back then, and I never imagined I'd be stood in front of her with flowers, ready to go meet her father and his girlfriend.