|73|

When I step out of the café, the cool end of September air ripples through the material of my leggings and loose long sleeve, that actually belongs to Harry. The wind brings goosebumps to the surface of my skin, causing me to pull the sleeves over my knuckles. I shiver lightly, immediately missing the warmth of the café as I join the sidewalk traffic of New Yorkers. With summer slowly withering away for the year, it's taking the hours of daylight with it. The sun sets earlier day by day, making me wish I lived somewhere where it was summer forever.

Since classes are back and everything is in full swing for the coming year, I've felt really good. I'm back to doing art basically everyday and I feel like with this 'new start' I have, my art has much different meanings and emotions. They don't make me wish I lived a different life, they don't make me wish I could stop staring at them. They make me happy, they make me feel proud. It's my artwork and it comes from my heart and soul, it's something I should feel proud about. And I do.

But with classes starting again, that also means Harry and I don't get much time with each other. I had been worried about this all summer, and turns out I had been right. He and I are busier than we anticipated, him with his music production and me with art. We have only seen each other a handful of times this month, and I think it's starting to get to me.

I know he's busy and he's trying to get ahead in his credits, like a responsible college student. But I can't help but miss him. We spent all of our time together in summer, and now it's like we've quit each other cold turkey. It's harder than I thought it would be, not being around him twenty four seven. Of course we text each other, but anyone would know that's not the same as seeing your favorite person face to face.

   I walk into my building, making my way to the elevator as I pull my phone out from my pocket. The screen is littered with random notifications, but none of them are from Harry like I had been hoping. I know he has class until one on Fridays while I have a free day, but I just miss talking to him.

   I glance up from my phone as the elevator chimes, the floor number lighting up as the doors slide open. I walk off onto my floor, pushing my phone into my back pocket as I fumble with my keys until I find the one for my door. I sigh quietly, my eyebrows furrowing deeply when the handle pushes all the way down and clicks the door open. I locked it before I left for the café earlier this morning. I know I did.

   I slowly push the door open, peeking my head inside only to find the last person I want to see stood in my living room. His back is turned to me as he stares out the sliding glass door, his head snapping over as I slam my door closed. He spins around, his face dropping when he sees me.

   "Hey Luck." He voices lowly, watching as I drop my bag on the floor, not exactly caring that my laptop is in there.

   "Why are you here?" I bark, sliding my phone onto my counter as I cross my arms over my chest. Suddenly my day has gone to complete shit in the span of five minutes. "I told you I didn't want to see you." I continue, my father frowning as he looks at me from across the room, taking short steps towards me every moment or so.

   "I don't want to lose you, you're my daughter, Clover and I want to be in your life." He tells me, my head immediately shaking in disbelief as I scoff, loud enough for him to here.

   "You're how many years too late?" I snap, my fathers frown deepening on his face but it doesn't phase me. "I don't want you in my life, you don't deserve to be." I continue, my words harsh and laced with venom as I begin to pace side to side.