| 96|

Clover

My towel is wrapped tightly around my body, my hair still dripping from my shower as I put my toothbrush back into its rightful place in Harry's vanity. It's almost ten and Harry is still asleep. He tossed and turned all night, uncovered himself and then recovered himself. At some point he got out of bed all together, but I figured he didn't want to talk about it, so I stayed put. He eventually came back in and wrapped himself around me, sending me right back to sleep. I glance back up into the mirror, wiping away the fog from the steam of my shower, revealing my blurry reflection.

I go through my normal skincare routine, trying to be quiet so I don't wake Harry up. As if on cue, the door to his bathroom is pulled open, and a tired and shirtless Harry stands in the doorway. I smile sweetly at him, his eyes and lips swollen from sleep and his long curls are tangled and a mess. He squints one eye from the light as he quietly walks behind me, lifting the toilet seat. He pees casually with his eyes closed, obviously still very exhausted. He flushes when he's done, closing the toilet seat and moving to stand right back behind me, leaning his front into my back.

"Good morning, gorgeous." I smile, watching him in the reflection. His chin is resting on my shoulder, his face turned into my neck with his hands tiredly gripping the edge of the sink, trapping me between his arms. His eyes are once again closed, my heart swelling in my chest when he presses gentle kisses to my skin. "So tired, huh?" I coo at him, hearing him breathe in through his nose, snuggling his face further into my neck as he nods. I smile in complete awe, leaning back into him, gently running my nails up and down his inked arm, something I know he absolutely loves.

"Where're you goin'?" He mumbles, my heart constricting in my chest. I adjust my towel on my body, Harry grunting quietly at the movements. I simply continue doing my makeup, swiping a few coats of mascara onto my eyelashes. "Hm?" He hums, gently nudging my back with his hips, obviously not liking the way I don't respond to him right away.

"I'm going to work, pretty." I reply softly, moving to the other eye, my lips parting as I try my best to avoid smearing the mascara on my eyelids. I pull the wand away, blinking a few times as Harry flutters his eyes open. He immediately finds my gaze in the mirror, a small smile pulling at his lips when he does. His dimples sink into his cheeks, his shy smile still ghosting over his lips, barely visible to me but I can feel it.

"You're pretty." He mumbles back, pulling away from me to stretch. He groans loudly, and dramatically might I add. He does it to annoy me, because he knows there is simply no reason to be that loud when stretching. He claims that it 'makes the stretch feel better', even though that has zero logic behind it and doesn't prove his point like he thinks it does. He smiles childishly as I eye him through the mirror, his giggles filling the bathroom as I shake my head.

"You didn't sleep much last night, you tossed and turned all night." I observe, placing a few small dots of liquid blush to my cheek bones. Harry's entire body stiffens behind me, his breath hitching in his throat. I pause mid blending, glancing at him through the mirror with obvious confusion. "Are you. . . okay?" I question, finding his reaction to be very odd. He clears his throat and nods his head, tugging his fingers through the mess of his curls.

"Just couldn't get comfortable." He responds shortly, glancing away from my gaze in the mirror. "I'll let you finish getting ready." He mutters, leaving the bathroom all together. I don't move for a moment, blinking with confusion at how weird that entire reaction was. It was like something clicked in his mind the minute I said something about him not getting any sleep. I frown lightly to myself, quickly blending out the rest of my makeup before I make my way back to his bedroom.