| 10 |

Thanksgiving break is over and Cora is finally back home. I've missed her even if I won't admit it to her. I did miss her. It's now December and I haven't spoken to or of Harry since Thanksgiving which I'm patting myself on the back for.

We weren't close, however I did consider him a friend and someone I wanted to be friends with for longer than a few weeks. Someone I wanted in my life, even if he is difficult to deal with. I am too sometimes.

"I can see the gears in your head turning." Cora laughs, breaking my intense gaze at the wall of her bedroom. I meet her gaze through her mirror as she does her eyeliner. "Care to share?" She asks, grinning at her rhyme.

"Nothing important." I shrug, laying back on her bed, watching as she rolls her eyes, finishing the line of makeup before turning around fully to face me.

"That's a load of shit." She says, standing over me with her hands on her hips. This is the most I've seen Cora dressed up in a while. She used to party a lot in high school and she always got away with it because she somehow maintained perfect grades.

And now that college has started, she hasn't been to a single party which she used to rave about in high school. So saying she's excited for tonight is an understatement.

"If you say so." I breathe. Cora rolls her eyes and moves to where my feet dangle off her bed and tugs at the cuff of my sweatpants.

"You need to change." She raises her eyebrows at me, spinning around to open her closet. She is already dressed in a dress that covers everything that needs to be, but absolutely nothing more. "Here." She tosses a practically see through lace top at me and a pair of black jeans.

"Oh yeah, because I want everyone to see when I'm cold. Nice try." I speak, holding the top between my thumb and pointer finger like it's something gross.

"Oh Jesus Christ, you wear a black bra with it, Clover." She mutters, snagging the top from me and neatly laying it on the bed along with the jeans. "You'll look hot, just put it on." She whines.

So I do.

Staring at myself in the mirror I want to jump out of a window. I'm not big on dressing up, I'm more of an old vintage style kind of person. Unlike Cora who likes to describe herself as 'bougie' and or classy. But in reality she is.

"See!" She squeals, standing behind me in her mirror with a smile like a proud mother, her hands gripping my shoulders. "I told you you'd look hot! Sexy, even!" She grins, gently shaking me.

I only sigh, running my fingers over my exposed stomach, tugging the already high waisted black jeans up a little further. It does no good.

"Is everything okay, Cloves?" She asks in a more serious tone. I let out a small laugh, allowing myself to loosen up.

"Yeah." I nod quickly, stepping away from my reflection, Cora watching me for a moment as she runs her fingers through her hair.

"Okay then." She grins, clapping her hands together as she checks over everything, making sure she has what she needs. "It's one of my friends from nursing class' boyfriends party, he's super dope." Cora tells me as we walk through her apartment and out into the hall.

I don't say anything in response and I simply just walk beside her. Cora has always been more of a partier than I have been, mostly because my parents forbid me to do anything illegal. So I guess they sort of ruined it for me. Which seems backwards because usually when you restrict a teenager from something, they'll do it anyways just sneakier. I never did though.